Free Late Night Student Transportation
Kentucky Wildcab is a free, late night on-demand transportation option for UK students, provided by the UK Student Government Association and operated by Parking and Transportation Services using 4- and 6-passenger vehicles. This free service is primarily designed to provide a ride home to UK students and their guests while promoting responsible late-night transportation decisions.
Hours of Operation
Kentucky Wildcab will operate Thursday through Saturday, from 10 p.m. through 3 a.m., when fall and spring semester classes are in session.
Note: Kentucky Wildcab will not operate during summer and winter breaks, on the weekend of fall and spring graduation, the weekend of Thanksgiving break, and the weekend before or during spring break.
Using Kentucky Wildcab
Rides may be requested using the Transloc Rider mobile app on your smartphone (available on Google Play or at the App Store) or online. Average wait times range between 10 to 15 minutes; however, riders may experience shorter waits when demand is low and longer waits during peak demand. Once a ride has been requested, users will receive text alerts notifying them when they are the next rider to be picked-up as well as when their ride has arrived at the scheduled pick-up point. Upon arrival, a Kentucky Wildcab will wait for 3 minutes before cancelling the ride and moving on to other requests. Students may be asked to show a valid student ID to the Kentucky Wildcab driver upon their arrival.
Kentucky Wildcab Rider Responsibilities
- Respect your driver, other passengers, and Kentucky Wildcab vehicles and property.
- Do not interfere with the operation of the vehicle or cause safety problems.
- Don’t smoke, drink alcohol, or litter.
- Don’t harass your driver or other passengers.
- Act with integrity, respect and responsibility at all times.
Parking and Transportation Services has the right to revoke a customer’s participation in Kentucky Wildcab at any time or to refuse Kentucky Wildcab service to individuals who are engaging or have engaged in inappropriate and/or unruly conduct.
Setting Up Your Kentucky Wildcab Account:
Note: Do not set up your account through the TransLoc Rider app. Use the following instructions:
- Go to login.transloc.com.
- Do NOT select “Create Account”. Instead, select University of Kentucky under “… or sign in with your university login”.
- Enter your Link Blue credentials. You will then be redirected to the TransLoc "Create An Account" page.
- Your name and email address should be pre-populated. Create a user ID and add your mobile phone number (in order to receive text notifications when requesting rides).
- Choose the “Create Account” button.
- This will complete your account setup.
Requesting a Ride:
- If you haven't done so yet, download the TransLoc Rider app.
- Open the TransLoc Rider app.
- Press the On-Demand icon.
Note: The icon will be blue when the service is in operation and will be gray when Kentucky Wildcab is not in operation.
- The first time you request a ride, you will need to log on using your Link Blue credentials. After that, your credentials will be stored in the app until you log out.
- Select pick-up location by moving the green pointer on the map or entering the address. Then press the green Select Pickup Location button.
- Choose drop-off location by moving the red pointer on the map or entering the address. Then press the red Select Drop Off Location button.
Note: Zoom in and try to be as accurate as possible when selecting pick-up and drop-off locations, and avoid selecting locations that would not be accessible by a vehicle.
- Select your number of passengers and confirm your ride request.
- You will receive a text confirmation with an estimated pick-up time.
- Track your vehicle’s progress or cancel the ride request.
The Kentucky Wildcab system will text you to confirm your trip, when you are the next pickup, and when the vehicle has arrived at your location.
Where Can I Go?
Kentucky Wildcab is limited to the general campus vicinity. The pre-established travel zone is designed to accommodate the majority of areas adjacent to campus frequented by students and is generally bounded by Clays Mill and Red Mile Road to the west, Sixth Street to the north, Tates Creek to the east and Southland Drive to the south.
Note: On days of evening home football games, Kentucky Wildcab will not serve Commonwealth Stadium and portions of the south and southeast service area, as shown below. Additionally, wait times may be extended during this period due to excessive traffic congestion. Service will return to normal approximately two hours after the end of the game.
Kentucky Wildcab operates several ADA accessible vehicles. Users requiring special accessible accommodations may contact the assistance number provided below.
Service During Delays and Closures
In the event that the University is operating on a delay, closure or early dismissal, Kentucky Wildcab service will follow the established Bus Policies During Delays and Closures. However, service operating during campus emergency closures and delays will be contingent upon campus conditions. Service may be interrupted due to imminent severe weather, road conditions, or at the direction of emergency officials. Any updates to service will be communicated in real-time on the TransLoc Rider app and at www.twitter.com/UKParking.
For technical assistance during our hours of operation, call (859) 323-RIDE (323-7433).