Semester Break Parking and Bus Service (2012-13)
During the break between the fall and spring semesters, demand for student parking is greatly reduced. As a result, Parking and Transportation Services does not control many of the student areas for permits during this period.
In general, all Residential (R) lots, with the exception of R17 (Wildcat Coal Lodge), and all single use Commuter (C) lots are off control from December 15 through January 6. All Employee (E) lots will remain on control, including the combination E/C lots specified below, as well as the R17 lot (Wildcat Coal Lodge).
Bus Service During the Semester Break
Most regular CATS and Lextran campus bus service will not operate between semesters. The On-Demand Night bus will resume service on Sunday, January 6, operating from 7 p.m. to midnight with one bus to accommodate students returning to campus. On-demand service will also operate 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. on Monday, January 7 and Tuesday, January 8. The Yellow Night Route will resume on Monday, January 7. All other CATS routes and the Lextran Stadium Route will resume regular service on Wednesday, January 9.
For the 2012-13 semester break, PTS will operate one CATS bus on the Summer/Break Route. The abbreviated route will run December 17 - 21, January 2 - 4, and January 7 - 8 from 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Please view the Summer/Break Route for pick-up times and locations.
The Medical Center Shuttle will not operate on December 25 or January 1. To support continual operations at the UK Hospital, the route will run 6:00 a.m. until midnight December 24, 26 - 28, and December 31, but with only two buses on the route. The route will return to regular service on January 2.
The Kentucky Clinic Shuttle will not operate on December 25 or January 1; however, it will run a regular schedule on December 26 – 28. On December 24 and December 31, the Kentucky Clinic Shuttle morning route will operate from 6:45 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and the afternoon route will operate from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.. The route will resume regular service on January 2.
During the semester break, UK HealthCare employees are encouraged to park in Parking Structure #1 on Veterans Drive, Parking Structure #2 on Hilltop Avenue, or in student resident (R) lots that are not controlled for permits between December 15 and January 6.
Student Parking Lots Off Control During the Semester Break
- R2 - Cooperstown Apartments
- R3 - Complex Drive and Sports Center Drive (Jerry Claiborne Way) Lot
- R4 - Fraternity Row Parking Lot
- R5 - Sorority Row Parking Lot (Columbia Terrace)
- R6 - Rose Lane
- R7 - Shawneetown Apartments
- R8 - Commonwealth Village Apartments
- R9 - Greg Page Apartments
- R10 - Donovan Hall and Haggin Hall
- R14 - SAE Lot (Rose Lane)
- R18 - Behind Memorial Coliseum
- C6 - Bluegrass Community & Technical College
- K - Commonwealth Stadium Lots
Student Parking Lots On Control During the Semester Break
- E/C2 - E.S. Good Barn Lot (Permit Required)
- E/C3 - Parking Structure #7 - Sports Center Drive (Permit Required)
- E/C5 - Parking Structure #5 - S. Limestone (Permit Required)
- E/C7 - Scott Street and Taylor/Dickey Lots (Permit Required)
- E/C8 - Astroturf parking area (Permit Required)
- R17 - Wildcat Coal Lodge (Permit Required)
UK Hospital and KY Clinic Patient/Visitor Parking
- Parking Structure #3 - Structure will remain open at all times; No attendant on duty on December 25 or January 1.
- UK HealthCare Parking Garage (Parking Structure #8) - Structure will remain open at all times; No attendant on duty on December 25 or January 1.
Please note that even though these lots are not controlled for permits, they are still monitored for other parking violations to include, but not limited to, parking in fire lanes, on yellow lines, and in disabled reserved parking.
All parking meters remain on control during the semester break.
All lots will resume normal control on Monday, January 7, except the K portion of Commonwealth Stadium, R2, R6 (Rose Lane), R7, R8, R9, and evening-controlled areas. These areas will resume control on Tuesday, January 15.