Semester Break Parking and Bus Service (2013-14)
During the break between the fall and spring semesters, demand for student parking is greatly reduced. As a result, Parking and Transportation Services does not control many of the student areas for permits during this period.
In general, all Residential (R) lots, with the exception of R17 (Wildcat Coal Lodge), and both single use Commuter (C) lots, C6 and C8, are off control beginning December 21. The R6, R7, R8, R9, R16 and R18 lots will go on control January 2. The R3 and R10 lots will go on control January 8. The R4, R5, R11, R14, and C6 lots will go on control January 13. The K lots and C8 lot will go on control January 21. All Employee (E) lots will remain on control, including the combination E/C lots specified below, as well as the R17 lot (Wildcat Coal Lodge).
Bus Service During the Semester Break
Most regular CATS and Lextran campus bus service will not operate between semesters. The On-Demand Night bus will resume service on Sunday, January 12, operating from 7 p.m. to midnight with one bus to accommodate students returning to campus. On-demand service will also operate 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. on Monday, January 13 and Tuesday, January 14. The Yellow Night Route will resume on Monday, January 13. All other CATS routes and the Lextran Stadium Route will resume regular service on Wednesday, January 15.
For the 2013-14 semester break, PTS will operate one CATS bus on the Summer/Break Route. The abbreviated route will run December 23 - 24, January 2 - 3, and January 6 - 10 from 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Please view the Summer/Break Route for pick-up times and locations.
The Medical Center Shuttle will not operate on December 25 or January 1. To support continual operations at the UK Hospital, the route will run 6:00 a.m. until midnight December 24, 26 - 27, and December 30 - 31, but with only two buses on the route. The route will return to regular service on January 2.
The Kentucky Clinic Shuttle will not operate on December 25 or January 1; however, it will run a regular schedule on December 26 – 28 and on December 30. On December 24 and December 31, the Kentucky Clinic Shuttle morning route will operate from 6:45 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and the afternoon route will operate from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.. The route will resume regular service on January 2.
During the semester break, UK HealthCare employees are encouraged to park in the University Drive Garage(Parking Structure #1) on Veterans Drive, Rose Street Garage (Parking Structure #2) on Hilltop Avenue, or in student resident (R) lots that are not controlled for permits between December 21 and January 2.
Student Parking Lots Off Control During the Semester Break
- R3 - Complex Drive and Sports Center Drive (Jerry Claiborne Way) Lot
- R4 - Fraternity Row Parking Lot
- R5 - Sorority Row Parking Lot (Columbia Terrace)
- R6 - Rose Lane
- R7 - Shawneetown Apartments
- R8 - Commonwealth Village Apartments
- R9 - Greg Page Apartments
- R10 - Donovan Hall and Central Hall I and II
- R14 - SAE Lot (Rose Lane)
- R18 - Behind Memorial Coliseum
- C6 - Bluegrass Community & Technical College
- K - Commonwealth Stadium Lots
Student Parking Lots On Control During the Semester Break
- E/C2 - E.S. Good Barn Lot (Permit Required)
- E/C3 - Parking Structure #7 - Sports Center Drive (Permit Required)
- E/C5 - Parking Structure #5 - S. Limestone (Permit Required)
- E/C7 - Scott Street and Taylor/Dickey Lots (Permit Required)
- E/C8 - Astroturf parking area (Permit Required)
- R17 - Wildcat Coal Lodge (Permit Required)
UK Hospital and KY Clinic Patient/Visitor Parking
- Kentucky Clinic Garage (Parking Structure #3) - Structure will remain open at all times; No attendant on duty on December 25 or January 1.
- UK HealthCare Parking Garage (Parking Structure #8) - Structure will remain open at all times; No attendant on duty on December 25 or January 1.
Please note that even though these lots are not controlled for permits, they are still monitored for other parking violations to include, but not limited to, parking in fire lanes, on yellow lines, and in disabled reserved parking.
All parking meters remain on control during the semester break.