Semester Break Parking and Bus Service (2015-16)
During the break between the fall and spring semesters, demand for student parking is greatly reduced. As a result, Parking and Transportation Services does not control many of the student areas for permits during this period.
In general, all Residential (R) lots, with the exception of R6, R16, R17 and R18 lots are off control beginning December 19. The R4, R5, R8, R10, R11, R12 and R14 lots will go on control January 4. The R7 areas will go on control January 9. The C6 lot will go on control January 11. The C8 lot and evening and K areas will go on control January 13. All Employee (E) lots will remain on control, including the combination E/C lots specified below.
Bus Service During the Semester Break
Most regular campus bus service will not operate between semesters. The On-Demand Night bus will resume service on Sunday, January 10, operating from 7 p.m. to midnight with one bus to accommodate students returning to campus. All other campus bus routes and the Blue and White Routes (Lextran 14) will resume regular service on Monday, Jan. 11.
For the 2015-16 semester break, PTS will operate one bus on the Break Route. The route will run 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. on December 21 - 24 and January 4 - 8. Please view the Summer/Break Route for pick-up times and locations.
The Purple Route (UK HealthCare Shuttle) will not operate on December 25 or January 1. To support continual operations at the UK Hospital, the route will run 6:00 a.m. until midnight December 24 and 28 – 31, but with only two buses on the route. The route will return to regular service on January 4.
The Pink Route (Kentucky Clinic Shuttle) will not operate on December 25 or January 1; however, it will run a regular schedule on December 28 - 30. On December 24 and December 31, the Pink Route morning route will operate from 6:45 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and the afternoon route will operate from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. The route will resume regular service on January 4.
During the semester break, UK HealthCare employees are encouraged to park in the University Drive Garage(Parking Structure #1) on Veterans Drive, Rose Street Garage (Parking Structure #2) on Hilltop Avenue, or in student resident (R) lots that are not controlled for permits between December 19 and January 4.
Student Parking Lots Off Control During the Semester Break
- R4 - Fraternity Row Parking Lot
- R5 - Sorority Row Parking Lot (Columbia Terrace)
- R7 - Complex Drive and Sports Center Garage (PS #7)
- R8 -Shawneetown Apartments, Commonwealth Village Apartments and Greg Page Apartments
- R10 - Woodland Avenue Lot
- R11 - Columbia Avenue Lot
- R14 - SAE Lot (Rose Lane)
- C8 - Shively Sports Complex
- K - Commonwealth Stadium Lots
Student Parking Lots On Control During the Semester Break (Permit Required)
- E/C2 - Orange Lot
- E/C5 - South Limestone Garage (PS #5)
- E/C7 - Taylor Dickey Lot and Scott Street Lot
- E/C9 - Reynolds Lot
- R6 - Seminary Townhouses
- R16 - Seminary Apartments
- R17 - Wildcat Coal Lodge
- R18 - German House
UK Hospital and KY Clinic Patient/Visitor Parking
- Kentucky Clinic Garage (PS #3) - Structure will remain open at all times; No attendant on duty on December 25 or January 1.
- UK HealthCare Parking Garage (PS #8) - Structure will remain open at all times; No attendant on duty on December 25 or January 1.
Please note that even though these lots are not controlled for permits, they are still monitored for other parking violations to include, but not limited to, parking in fire lanes, on yellow lines, and in disabled reserved parking.
All parking meters remain on control during the semester break.