The Bernard Johnson Student Recreation Center offers a variety of classes throughout the year, including Yoga, Cycling, Barre', Zumba, TRX, and more! Each class is designed and taught by certified instructors to help individuals of ALL fitness levels and capabilities work towards their optimal level of fitness.
Group Fitness General Information
- All Johnson Center members are eligible to participate in group fitness classes
- Group fitness classes are FREE
- No sign-ups are necessary. Class availability is based on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Group fitness classes are taught in the multi-purpose studio, Room 240 and 240A with a limit of 50 participants each
- TRX Classes are limited to 17 participants per class
- Group cycling classes are held in Cycling Studio Room 243
- Group Cycling classes are limited to 30 participants per class
- All group fitness classes with less than two participants are subject to cancellation
Group Fitness Studio Schedule
Summer Group Fitness: May 8th - June 2nd Click Here for PDF
Group Fitness Class Descriptions Click Here for PDF
Like UK Campus Recreation & Wellness on Facebook for all of your Group Fitness updates!
Group Fitness Policies
- Due to safety concerns, entry into class more than 5 minutes after it begins is prohibited.
- It is required for there to be three (3) participants to hold class
- Use of iPods/mp3 players, cell phones, and excessive talking are not permitted in any class. Participant may be asked to leave if this behavior causes any distractions for instructors and/or other participants.
- Schedule is subject to change without notice, and classes may be removed from schedule due to low attendance.
- New to a class? Have any injuries or limitations we should know about? Arrive 5 minutes before class begins and let your instructor help you out with any concerns you may have!
- Cycling bikes may not be reserved. Bike availability is on a first come, first served basis.
- Close-toed athletic shoes are required for all classes, with the exception of Yoga, Pilates classes.
- Proper athletic attire is required. Clothing should not be restrictive - no jeans, khakis, cut-offs, scrubs, etc., and should be modest.
Group Fitness Questions? Email Fitness Services for assistance: email@example.com