Fall/Spring Semester Hours
|Mon-Fri:||6am - midnight|
|Sat:||9am - 9pm|
|Sun:||11am - midnight|
|Mon-Fri:||6am - 9pm|
|Sat:||12pm - 4pm|
|Sun:||12pm - 4pm|
The Johnson Center‚ located on Complex Drive‚ is a state–of–the–art recreation facility that is designed to provide choices and opportunities for healthy living. The appealing‚ open environment encourages participation and development of a positive‚ healthy lifestyle. It is a great place to gather‚ make new friends‚ and take a positive step towards lifelong health and fitness habits.
Johnson Center memberships are available for current UK students and employees, eligible BCTC students, BCTC and VA employees (Cooper Drive only) and spouses of Johnson Center members. Members must present a current student ID card, UK Faculty/Staff ID card, or Johnson Center ID card for admission. Facilities are available for basketball‚ weight training and conditioning‚ group fitness classes‚ climbing‚ volleyball‚ badminton‚ jogging‚ racquetball‚ and wallyball. Locker and shower facilities are also available. For questions about the Johnson Center contact Kathy Rose.
- Multi–purpose gymnasium
- Four–lane elevated jogging track
- Fitness/conditioning center
- Group fitness studio
- Cycling studio
- Four racquetball courts
- Climbing Wall
- Locker and shower facilities
- Lobby/lounge area
Volleyball and Badminton Priority Gym Times:
Regular Semester Schedule (Court 4):
Badminton, 9:30am - 3pm
Volleyball, 3pm - 9pm
Volleyball, 11:30am - 2pm
Badminton, 2pm - 4:30pm
Summer and Holiday Hour Schedule (Court 4):
Volleyball, 12pm - 4pm
Racquetball and wallyball court reservations may be made up to 48 hours in advance, either in person, or by calling 859-257-9383
General Facility Rules
- A current UK or BCTC student ID‚ UK Faculty/Staff ID, Johnson Center member ID‚ or guest pass is required for admittance. All guests must provide a photo ID for admittance.
- Guests must be at least 14 years of age, and show a photo ID to enter the facility. Guest passes are $5 per visit. All other Guest Pass rules apply.
- Shirts and non–marking athletic shoes are required in recreation areas. Scrubs not allowed in activity areas.
- Food and drink (with the exception of leak–proof water bottles) are allowed in the lobby/lounge area only.
- Use of tobacco products or alcohol are not permitted.
- Hanging on the basketball rims is not permitted. Violators will be asked to leave.
- Bicycles are not permitted inside the facility.
- Abusive language and inappropriate behavior may result in suspension from facility.
- Campus Recreation staff has final authority over facility conduct and use of equipment. Failure to comply will result in immediate dismissal from facility. Additional sanctions may apply.
Lockers are available for daily use by members and guests. Those wishing to use day–use lockers may provide their own locks or check out a lock at the control desk. Locks on day–use lockers must be removed before leaving the facility.
Locker rentals are $5 per month, minimum 3-month purchase. Only current Johnson Center members are eligible for locker rentals. There is limited availability for rental lockers. To sign up on the locker rental waiting list, call 257-3928.
A variety of equipment‚ from basketballs to climbing shoes‚ is available for members while in the facility. A current UK student ID or Johnson Center ID card is necessary for day use equipment checkout.
Overnight equipment checkout
A variety of equipment is available for overnight checkout. A current UK student or employee ID is required for equipment checkout. All equipment should be reserved at least one full business day (Monday - Friday) in advance of pick-up day. Equipment should be picked up and returned at the Johnson Center control desk. All checked out equipment must be returned by the end of the next business day (exception: equipment checked out on Friday is due back on the following Monday). To reserve overnight checkout equipment, please complete and submit the following form:
Parking & Bus Service
An “E” pass/pay lot is located on the corner of Complex and Sports Center Drive.
Check the UK Parking web site for rules pertaining to all university parking lots. Parking rules are subject to change without notice. The University CATS bus runs along University Drive, which is a short walk from the Johnson Center. For more information on parking and bus routes/times visit:www.uky.edu/pts/.