Mind and Body
Campus Recreation Group Classes
The Mind Body Speciality Classes teach a variety of techniques to reduce stress, help students relax, and improve overall fitness. Research supports regaulr mind body classes reduce stress, increase academic performance, and promote overall emotional and physical well-being.
Classes are FREE and first-time attendees are always welcome!
Join us in both Johnson and the new Alumni Gym (opening June 2018) as we work to create an environment where students can thrive. For a complete list of classes go here.
- the quality or state of being conscious or aware of something.
- a mental state achieved by focusing one's awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting one's feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations, used a therapeutic technique.
The Counseling Center has created a resource hub and connection for all things mindfulness at the University of Kentucky, including both on- and off-campus opportunities, as well as, online. To learn more about Mindful UK go here.
The University of Kentucky is working toward having multiple relaxation stations on campus. The goal of the relaxation station is to provide a FREE walk-in service to all students. For more information about the Counseling Center's Relaxation room go here.
The Relaxation Station is a FREE walk-in service available to all members during regular operating hours. The station uses HeartMath Inner Balance App and sensor with any IOS device. Simply clip the sensor to your ear and connect it to your device using bluetooth. Research conducted by HeartMath shows that using this technology can help you:
- Be less reactive, think clearly and make good decisions
- improve health, stamina and well-being
- maintain personal balance and avoid stress and burnout
- maximize creativity and innovation
- boost performance and overall intelligence
- control health rhythms to achieve the optimal performance zone (outside of the stress zone)
- transform the physiological response to stress and quickly re-balance mind, body, and emotions for greater intelligence, creativity, and decision making ability and communication skills.