Thank you for voting!
2018 STAFF SENATE ELECTION GUIDELINES
Term: July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2021
To be eligible for the Staff Senate you must be a regular, full time staff member (FTE of 0.75 or greater).
Requirements of Senators (3 Year Term)
1. Monthly Senate Meeting (2nd Thursday of each month)
2. Monthly Committee Meeting (as needed by your assigned committee)
3. Participation in other various events based on availability
The nomination period runs from April 2-27. All prospective candidates must self-nominate by completing the following requirements.
1.Obtain the Nomination Form
The nomination form can be obtained through any of the following options:
•Staff Senate Website – Can be found below.
•Staff Senate Office – The Staff Senate Office is located in Room 203D of the Main Building.
You may also contact:
- Denee Wilson, Staff Senate Program Coordinator at (859) 257-9242 or Denee.Wilson@uky.edu
- Mike Adams, Election Chair at (859)257-8898 or Michael.Adams@uky.edu
- Any Senator – All staff senators have access to the form.
2.Submit Platform Statement
In addition to the nominator form, you must also submit a platform statement of no more than 120 words, describing your history with the university and goals, if elected.
The nomination form and platform statement must be submitted
VIA HAND DELIVERY OR EMAIL TO THE OFFICE COORDINATOR AT THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS.
UK Staff Senate Program Coordinator
203D Main Building
Lexington, KY 40506-0032
(859) 257-9242 – office
(859) 257-9240- fax
Nominations forms must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. EST on April 27, 2018.
You may begin to campaign for office following an e-mail verification of eligibility from the Staff Senate confirming receipt of all required materials. Platform statements will be available on the Staff Senate Website beginning May 8.
•Nomination Period – April 2-27
•Elections – May 7-25
•Election Results – Announced via UKNow June 4, 2017