- What is MATLAB? MATLAB is short for Matrix Laboratory developed by Mathworks. Learn more including videos from Mathworks
- Who can download MATLAB? Faculty and Staff can download MATHLAB from the download server.
- Which version of MATLAB is available? MATLAB R2013B
- Do you need to use Cisco VPN? If you intend to use MATLAB off the campus network, you will need to install and run Cisco VPN
- Which computer labs on campus have MATLAB?
- Business and Economics
- Engineering Workstation (EWL)
- King Science
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- W.T. Young
- Can MATLAB be found on the MyVirtualDEN? MATLAB is not included on the MyVIRTUAL DEN's virtual software
- Can MATLAB be loaded on Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)? Click here to find out!
Step by Step Installation Instructions (Windows 7/8.1)
Step 1: Login to https://download.uky.edu/ (Must have Link-Blue userid and password)
Important: If your Link-Blue account resides on the MC domain, you will need to add "MC\userid" when logging into the UK Application Download webpage.
Step 2: Search for "MatLab" in the search box.
Step 3: Click on "See Downloads"
Step 4: Click on "Register for Access"
Step 5: You will need to fill out a quick survey in order to gain access to MatLab
Step 6: After submitting the survey, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with further instructions.
Per these emailed instructions, you will need to send an email with the information below to the individual addresses found in the email.
- Link Blue UserID (LinkBlue userid is the username commonly used with ad\ or mc\, or to login to myUK)
- UKID #
At this point, you will receive further instructions on how to setup an account on Mathworks.com
Step 7: After receiving access to the website, visit http://www.mathworks.com/mwaccount"
Step 8: Click on "Download Products"
Step 9: Click on the blue button for the latest release, or select an older version from the side.
Step 10: Select the correct platform for your MatLab install.
Step 11: Locate the downloaded .exe file.
Step 12: A self-extractor will open, just give it time, the install will begin shortly.
Step 13: Select "Use a File Installation Key" then click "Next"
Step 14: Read the License Agreement, if you agree select "Yes" then click "Next"
Step 15: Select "I have the File Installation Key" then copy and paste the File Installation Key given to you in the email.
Step 16: Click "Next"
Step 17: Select the checkbox next to "Product" then click "Next"
Step 18: Click on "Browse" then locate the license.dat file given to you in the email, then click "Next"
Step 19: Select "Configure the license manager as a service" then click "Next"
Step 20: Review install settings, then click "Install"
Step 21: Click "Next"
Step 22: Click "Finish"