TurningPoint is an audience response system (ARS) that integrates with Microsoft® PowerPoint®. This enables audiences and students to participate in presentations or lectures by submitting responses to interactive questions using a ResponseCard™ keypad or other hand-held/computer devices. For immediate assistance with Turning Point, call (859)-218-HELP and select the option for AV Services.
- ARS Checkout Program (email@example.com) Faculty can check out responders for 1-3 days with advance notice.
- Getting Help with UK ARS (Contact AV Services)
- Download TurningPoint (Download.uky.edu)
Testing the clicker before use
- (Testing a clicker before use) In the Polling tab on the TurningPoint Dashboard, click the Receiver number. Under Connections>Response Devices, click the Test button. Press 1/A on the ResponseCard. A response in the “Polling Test” window indicates that the receiver and ResponseCards are communicating properly.
Changing the channel on the receiver
- (ResponseCard RF and RF LCD) The Response Cards need to be set to the same channel as the receiver when polling. 1. Press the CH or Channel button. (older ResponseCards have a GO button) 2. Enter the two-digit channel number. 3. Press CH, or Channel again. 4. When the ResponseCard receives the new channel, the light will turn green.
- (ResponseCard NXT) The Response Cards need to be set to the same channel as the receiver when polling. 1. Press the Channel button. 2. Enter the two-digit channel number. 3. Press Enter (the center button). 4. When the ResponseCard receives the new channel, the screen will display the new channel.
- Training/Enrichment Opportunities
ResponseWare Account Request
When ordering online from Turning Technologies, to receive the best discount, use the school code: 8OeJ (number eight, capital "O", lower case "e", capital "J") This goes for faculty, students and staff.
How to get a clicker
- Clickers can be purchased from most textbook stores.
- Clickers cost approximately $40.
How to register your clicker in Blackboard
- Go to Course Tools
- Scroll down to TurningPoint Registration Tool
- Select your device type
- Enter the Response Device ID found on the back of your clicker
- Click "Register"
- Your Device ID will be displayed