Wireless Network Access
Wireless internet is free and available in many locations around campus.
The following networks are available:
The ukyedu network offers basic wireless internet access and is accessible to anyone on campus. This network is not encrypted and does not require login information to connect. Just select the ukyedu network on your laptop, smartphone, or tablet and enjoy surfing the web.
This is a secured and encrypted wireless network that is available to anyone with an active link blue account. Connection through the ukyedu-secure network may be required to access certain protected campus resources.
Follow these steps to connect:
- Select ukyedu-secure from the available wireless networks.
- If prompted to provide a key, select WPA2 as the encryption method.
- Enter the password ukyedusecure.
- Open a new web browser window and attempt to connect to any web page.
- Enter your link blue username and password at the prompt.
- You're done! If your link blue login information was correct, you should then be connected to UK's secure wireless network.
This network is available in UK Healthcare buildings. It requires no login information to connect and is not encrypted.
If using an unencrypted wireless network, a Virtualized Private Network (VPN) connection is recommended when transmitting sensitive data. For information about the UK VPN and how to connect, click here.
Internet service in UK Campus Housing is provided by ResNet. For information regarding the ResNet services and coverage, click here.
If you have connection issues, please contact the UKIT Service Desk at 859-218-HELP (4357) or email@example.com