Disability Resource Center
Welcome to the University of Kentucky Disability Resource Center in the Division of Student and Academic Life. The DRC provides services to the University community so students with disabilities have an equal opportunity to fully participate in all aspects of University life. The DRC serves students with a wide array of disabilities and this web site provides valuable information for students, parents, faculty and staff related to various responsibilities, services and programs of the office. If you cannot find the information you are seeking, please do not hesitate to call our office (859) 257-2754 or visit us at 725 Rose Street, Suite 407 Multidisciplinary Science Building, Lexington, KY 40536-0082 (Building 82 on the Campus Map). Our office hours are 8AM to 4:30PM.
If you are visiting the DRC from off campus, two reserved parking spaces are available in the lot beside the Multidisciplinary Science Building. Parking is also available in the Kentucky Clinic Parking Structure located on Huguelet Drive at a reduced rate. Please bring your parking stub to the Disability Resource Center to have it validated.
To Register with the Disability Resource Center
1. Complete the Online Intake form.
2. Login with your MyUK linkblue username and password.
3. Click "Register" and fill out the form to the best of your knowledge. The items marked with a red asterisk are required fields.
4. Attach documentation of a disability or condition to the online form. Please note that documentation is required prior to the provision of permanent accommodations. If you have questions regarding documentation please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Click Submit. You will receive an email reply to your official UK email confirming your submission.
6. Within 1-3 business days, you'll receive an email with further instructions from our office to schedule a meeting with a Disability Resource Center Consultant to finalize accommodations.
Support Animal Guidance Update
The updated guidance for on-campus students wishing to register their support animals in the residence halls is located in the FAQ section. Please be sure to read this information and provide the required forms prior to bringing your animal on campus.
Fall 2019 Letters of Accommodation
The DRC will continue to offer students the opportunity to download their Letter of Accommodation (LOA) for the 2019-20 academic year through our online student portal. To access this service, go to the link http://clockwork.ad.uky.edu/clockwork/user/SelfRegC/default.aspx. You should be able to generate the LOA automatically by clicking on the Accommodations Tab, then entering your link blue username and password. Do not include "@uky.edu" or it will not allow you to access your letter. The letter should then be available for printing. We recommend you check the document for accuracy and keep an electronic and/or paper copy for documentation purposes. Your letter of accommodation will remain available at the link above, but will show the current date when printed. Because of the nature of their letter of accommodation, some students will not be able to download from the online portal. These students will need to contact their disability consultant via email to receive their letter. Also, if you feel you need to change your accommodations, please contact your consultant.. Do not request additional accommodations through the online portal. A captioned video describing how to access and download your accommodation can be viewed by following this link: Accommodation Letter Video