Disability Resource Center
Welcome to the University of Kentucky Disability Resource Center in the Office for Student Success. The DRC provides services to the University community so students with disabilities have an equal opportunity to fully participate in all aspects of University life. The DRC serves students with a wide array of disabilities and this web site provides valuable information for students, parents, faculty and staff related to various responsibilities, services and programs of the office. If you cannot find the information you are seeking, please do not hesitate to call our office (859) 257-2754. Our office hours are 8 AM to 4:30 PM.
If you are visiting the DRC from off campus, two reserved parking spaces are available in the lot beside the Multidisciplinary Science Building. Parking is also available in the Kentucky Clinic Parking Structure located on Huguelet Drive at a reduced rate. Please bring your parking stub to the Disability Resource Center to have it validated.
The DRC has opened a new office in the expansion of the Gatton Student Center. This office is in addition to our main office at the Multidisciplinary Science Building. Appointments with Consultants John Caldora, Rachel Combs and Stephanie Nance will be in the new office. Appointments with Consultants Duke Pettit, and Dr. Leisa Pickering will be in the main office at MDS.
The Gatton Student Center expansion is located near the passenger loading circle on Avenue of Champions. Through this entrance you will enter the hallway behind the Grand Ballroom. This hallway is also behind the ‘living room’ area next to the grand ballroom. Enter the expansion and go past the front desk to the elevator. Take the elevator to the 3rd floor. Turn right off the elevator, turn left at the seating area. The DRC office is on the right.
To Register with the Disability Resource Center
1. Complete the Online Intake form.
2. Login with your MyUK linkblue username and password.
3. Click "Register" and fill out the form to the best of your knowledge. The items marked with a red asterisk are required fields.
4. Attach documentation of a disability or condition to the online form. Please note that documentation is required prior to the provision of permanent accommodations. If you have questions regarding documentation please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Click Submit. You will receive an email reply to your official UK email confirming your submission.
6. Within 1-3 business days, you'll receive an email with further instructions from our office to schedule a meeting with a Disability Resource Center Consultant to finalize accommodations.
Spring 2023 Accommodation Letter and Finals Scheduling
To allow adequate notice to arrange accommodations for Spring Finals, the DRC will not provide letters of accommodations after April 14 or schedule testing accommodations in the Accommodated Testing Center. Students may request accommodations, but any letter developed will not be available until the 2023 Summer Session or Fall semester.