Disability Accommodation for Campus Housing


In its efforts to provide a rich cultural experience for all students, Campus Housing offers students equal access in the residence halls at UK. The Disability Resource Center (DRC) works with Campus Housing to assist in facilitating the arrangement of these accommodations. Some examples of these disability-related accommodations are:

  • Wheelchair Accessible room
  • Access to a private room within a suite or apartment
  • Presence of assistance animal
  • Access to personal care attendant
  • Suite space free of applicable food allergen

Students whose disability or condition requires an accommodation to have equal access to on-campus housing must:

  • Complete the Housing and Dining application by the timelines specified by Campus Housing. 
  • Apply for services with the DRC, and provide documentation of disability or medical condition supporting housing request

Upon completion of this process, DRC staff will contact the student to determine the appropriate accommodation(s). Campus Housing will be notified of the recommended accommodation. To increase the likelihood that Campus Housing is able to provide the accommodation, it is highly recommended the student get their housing accommodations in place early. Housing accommodations are handled on a first come, first served basis. Once on campus housing assignments have been assigned, there may be limited or no options left for on-campus housing. If you have questions, please contact Dr. David Beach.