Full Access to Programs and Services
The Stuckert Career Center provides an extensive range of programming and services for students enrolled in UK graduate degree programs, postdoc students, and new graduates. The Stuckert Career Center works in close partnership with the Graduate School, the Graduate Student Congress, and other campus units to develop and support the career and professional development needs of graduate students and postdoc students.
All students enrolled in graduate and professional degree programs at UK automatically have accounts in UK’s Handshake career management platform. Students can access their Handshake account by visiting: Handshake and utilizing their link blue log-in credentials to activate their account.
Through Handshake, graduate students have access to all of the following services:
- Individual appointment scheduling for support on a variety of career and professional development topics.
- Access to the Handshake online job board, supported by a network of more than 1,000 colleges and universities and 500k employers.
- A full calendar of online and in-person career events, with scheduling customization options for every student account holder.
- Access to a collection of subscription-based resources available at all times to support student career and professional development.
Graduate students are welcome to attend any of the career fairs, networking nights, and related career events taking place throughout the academic year that are sponsored or supported by the Stuckert Career Center. Additionally, each year the Stuckert Career Center works with campus partners and external organizations to produce and promote career fairs, networking events, and related programs targeted specifically for the graduate student population. A few of these events include the following:
- Graduate Career Consortium Ph.D. and Master’s Virtual Career Expo
- UK Graduate Student Congress Spring Career Symposium
The Stuckert Career Center, the Graduate School, and the college-based career services offices in the Gatton College of Business and Economics and the Lewis Honors College pool resources to provide financial support for the following subscription-based online career resources.
- Aurora by Beyond the Professoriate - A faculty job market and professional careers online exploration and planning tool
- Imagine PhD - An online career exploration and planning tool for Ph.D. students and postdoctoral scholars in the humanities and social sciences
- Vault - An online career resource library offering industry-specific career content
- CareerShift - An expansive company and contact database
- Big Interview - A software platform designed to support student preparation and practice for interviews.
- Links to additional online resources