Tips on Finding an Internship and How to Earn EXP Course Credit!
Online - Register here for the upcoming session!
March 23rd - 5:45 PM
March 27th - 10:00 AM
March 28th - 3:30 PM
March 31st - 5:30 PM
Stuckert Career Center
April 3rd - 2:00 PM
April 11th - 4:00 PM
April 19th - 1:00 PM
April 27th - 10:00 AM
April 28th - 3:00 PM
What is an internship?
- A supervised career related work experience that allows you to apply classroom learning to real world situations.
- May be paid or unpaid
- May be full-time or part-time
- May be local, national, or international
- May be for academic credit or non-credit (Immigration laws require that international students register for credit when working off campus.)
How Can I Benefit?
- Obtain relevant professional experinece
- Learn about your own strengths and weaknesses, likes and dislikes, values, etc.
- Help define your career path
- Develop skills such as professionalism, leadership, and problem-solving
- Make valuable contacts
To learn more, be sure to attend an "Internships 101" information session or watch the "Internship Basics" video!