Employee Flu Shot Information
How to get your flu shot
Flu shots are available and free to University of Kentucky campus employees.
Important things to remember:
- Complete your pre-appointment COVID screening questionnaire. You will need to show the completed screening approval at your appointment or complete a paper form on-site.
- Bring your prescription insurance card and Wildcard (employee) ID with you.
- Bring your completed UKHC Vaccination Form (electronic copies not accepted.)
- Faculty and staff who do not have insurance, are not on a UK or other health plan which fully covers the costs of a flu shot can receive a no-cost flu shot at:
- the UKHC vaccination on-campus clinics;
- through a UK HealthCare pharmacy location (ukpharmacy.org).
Appointments should be made in advance and the employee should bring a copy of their prescription insurance card, if they have one.
Fluzone HD vaccine for patients who are 65+ years old is not available, but the flu shot available at the on-campus clinics is indicated for use with those 65+ years old
- We recommend that children under 9 years old, pregnant women, HIV patients and transplant patients see their doctor for vaccination.
UKHC Vaccination Form
Please complete and print this form prior to your appointment.
UK Pharmacy Locations
Flu shots are offered for UK campus employees (not UK HealthCare employees) at UK Retail Pharmacy locations including a curbside vaccination clinic at UK HealthCare – Turfland.
For questions about UK HealthCare vaccine clinics or to request an appointment, call 859-562-2018.
- Chandler Retail Pharmacy
- Good Samaritan Retail Pharmacy
- Kentucky Clinic Pharmacy
- Turfland Clinic Pharmacy
- University Health Service Pharmacy
Any Retail Pharmacy
If you are on a UK health insurance plan, your flu shot is free at any retail location (i.e. Kroger, etc.) that offers flu shots.