Information for Students
Student COVID-19 Testing
Ongoing student testing is available throughout the semester for students not experiencing symptoms. The testing site across from The 90 is open from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., seven days a week. If students are symptomatic, they should contact University Health Service at 895-323-2778.
All UK students are encouraged and expected to engage in healthy behaviors such as wearing a face covering, washing their hands, maintaining physical distance and completing the daily screening.
Participate in the COVID START Trial for Quarantining Students
Students in quarantine are invited to participate in a research study to determine if a testing strategy early during their quarantine is predictive of them remaining negative on day 14.
UK Begins Random COVID-19 Testing Among Student Population
The university announced on Sept. 18 that it will begin a regimen of random testing among students who are physically coming to campus. These efforts, like all efforts related to COVID-19, are guided by data and recommended by the START team of clinicians, medical experts and public health specialists.
- Students will receive email notifications from UK Health Corps, informing them that they have been randomly selected to receive a required COVID-19 test.
- These tests will be administered at no cost to students, through our existing student testing site at The 90 and at the new student testing lane at the community site at College Way.
- This random testing will take place throughout the remainder of the semester.
Testing Off Campus
Per the UK COVID-19 Guidelines, students who test positive for COVID-19 through an off-campus test are required to communicate their results to UK Health Corps at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community members also should note the following:
- This requirement applies irrespective of the type of test conducted, whether involving an antigen (rapid) test or a molecular (PCR) test.
- Notification of a positive result must also include official documentation. If students have tested positive off campus and have not yet received documentation, they are still required to notify Health Corps immediately at email@example.com.
- This requirement applies to students living both on and off campus, as long as they plan to be physically present on campus at any time throughout the semester.
UK's Code of Student Conduct
The university's Code of Student Conduct is applicable to all students whether they live on or off campus.
To keep our Cats accountable, we ask that you first assume the best in your fellow student or colleague. Like you, they may still be working to build the habit of meeting all health and safety protocols (such as forgetting to put on a mask). If that's the case, direct them to a wellness station or front desk for a disposable mask or kindly ask them to put some distance between you and them.
If you feel the situation puts you or others in imminent risk, please contact the Office of Student Conduct. If the office receives a report regarding someone who fails to maintain proper physical distance from others when in public, a conduct officer will schedule a meeting with the student in accordance with the Code of Student Conduct and/or University Housing Community Standards.