ANNOUNCEMENT: Racism and racial trauma are real and exist presently in our country. Today's announcement related to the murder of Breonna Taylor is an example of this ongoing, systemic oppression. To our students, staff, and faculty of color, we see you, we hear you, and we value you. Black Lives Matter.
We acknowledge that we are a mental health resource that is working to become anti-racist and still have much work to do in dismantling our own racism.
For students, please connect with us for resources related to racial trauma and support.
Schedule Your First Appointment:
Schedule Massage Chair Appointment:
Cancel Any Appointment:
The UKCC is offering services primarily via telehealth (video and phone).
Call (859) 257-8701 to make an appointment or speak with a clinician.
We are open 8 am to 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday and have crisis/urgent availability by phone (859-257-8701) outside of business hours, including evenings, weekends, holidays and university closings.
No appointment required:
Color Coded (for students of color): Friday, 3-4:30 pm
COVID Support Group: for students in quarantine/isolation and/or with a positive diagnosis, Mondays at 11am and Thursdays at 3pm [starting 8/31]
Let's Teletalk: brief, confidential, one-on-one conversations with a clinician via Zoom
- Monday 3-5 pm
- Tuesday, 5-7 pm
- Wednesday 5-7 pm
- Thursday 5-7 pm
- Friday 1-3 pm
LGBTQ Support Group: Wednesdays, 1 pm
Major/Career Decision Making: 1 pm; 10/14, 10/20, 10/28, 11/10 https://ukth.zoom.us/j/96029651406?pwd=elVtclVVcmgrREpHQ05YRXUvUTdhZz09
Meditation: Wednesdays, 4 pm
Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR): suicide prevention; 1 pm; 9/10, 9/23, 10/13, 10/29, 11/11, 11/17 https://ukth.zoom.us/j/96029651406?pwd=elVtclVVcmgrREpHQ05YRXUvUTdhZz09
Test Anxiety: 1 pm; 9/9, 9/29, 9/30, 10/6, 10/7, 11/18, 11/24, 12/1 https://ukth.zoom.us/j/96029651406?pwd=elVtclVVcmgrREpHQ05YRXUvUTdhZz09
Tools for Tough Times: Learn new skills for your mental health tool kit, Tuesdays at 4pm and Fridays at 10am https://ukth.zoom.us/j/96029651406?pwd=elVtclVVcmgrREpHQ05YRXUvUTdhZz09
White Accountability Space for Undergraduates: Wednesdays, 3 pm
White Accountability Space for Graduate and Professional Students: Thursdays, 3 pm
Forest Visualization Video: (accessible anytime)
Changes to UKCC services:
The UKCC hopes to reduce the transmission of the coronavirus by modifying most services offered. Individual, couples and group therapy, and case management appointments are being conducted via secure Zoom or phone to students who are currently in the state of Kentucky. If you are not in the state of Kentucky, we can talk by phone to connect you with resources in your local area.
If you have scheduled an appointment with our office or reached out to us, please watch your email and have phones ready to accept voicemail messages from UKCC. We may return your call from a blocked or unknown number. If you are in crisis, please call our office (859) 257-8701 or use the crisis services listed below.
Non-crisis questions may be e-mailed to UKCounselingCenter@uky.edu
UKCC clinicians do not provide letters for Emotional Support Animals (ESAs).
Information and resources related to the Coronavirus:
- CATS Choose: A toolkit for caring for yourself during COVID-19 (This is a live document and will be updated)
- UK’s response to the coronavirus: https://www.uky.edu/coronavirus/
- National info: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Kentucky info: https://chfs.ky.gov/agencies/dph/pages/covid19.aspx
Information and resources related to racial trauma:
Crisis resources by phone:
- UK Counseling Center, (859) 257-8701 (press 1 after hours, on weekends, and during university closings)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK
- Bluegrass Rape Crisis Center: 1-800-656-4673
- Trevor Project (LGBTQ): 1-866-488-7386
- National Disaster Distress Helpline (SAMSA) related to COVID-19: 1-800-985-5990 (also available in Spanish), for those who are hearing impaired or deaf: TTY number 1-800-846-8517
Crisis resources by text:
- Crisis Text Line, “go” to 741-741
- Trevor Project (LGBTQ), “start” to 678-678
- National Disaster Distress Helpline Text (SAMSA) related to COVID-19: text TalkWithUs to 66746
Crisis resources by online chat:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
- Trevor Project (LGBTQ), https://www.thetrevorproject.org/get-help-now/