You must be currently enrolled as a student in at least 6 fee paying hours at the University of Kentucky to receive services. Please call (859) 257-8701 if you are unsure of your eligibility.
Schedule Your First Appointment:
Schedule Massage Chair Appointment:
Cancel Any Appointment:
The Counseling Center (UKCC) has moved to 104 Mandrell Hall located at 635 S Limestone St.
Please call for crises or urgent matters: (859) 257-8701.
We offer services via telehealth (video and phone).
UKCC On Demand: videos you can access anytime, anywhere. Click on the links below.
- Tips for finding a therapist in the community (at home or in Lexington)
- Relaxation visualization video
Finals and Winter Session programming: [No appointment required, open to any student anywhere]
Election Anxiety (click link): Thursdays 10:30am-11:30am,
International Student Support (click link): Wednesdays, 2-3pm (begins 12/2)
Let's Teletalk (click link): brief, confidential, one-on-one conversations with a clinician via Zoom
- Monday through Thursday, 3-5pm
- Friday 1-3 pm
Racism and racial trauma are real and exist presently in our country. The murder of Breonna Taylor is an example of this ongoing, systemic oppression. To our students, staff, and faculty of color, we see you, we hear you, and we value you. Black Lives Matter.
We acknowledge that we are a mental health resource that is working to become anti-racist and still have much work to do in dismantling our own racism.
For students, please connect with us for resources related to racial trauma and support.
Changes to UKCC services:
The UKCC hopes to reduce the transmission of the coronavirus by modifying most services offered. Individual, couples and group therapy, and case management appointments are being conducted via secure Zoom or phone to students who are currently in the state of Kentucky. If you are not in the state of Kentucky, we can talk by phone to connect you with resources in your local area.
If you have scheduled an appointment with our office or reached out to us, please watch your email and have phones ready to accept voicemail messages from UKCC. We may return your call from a blocked or unknown number. If you are in crisis, please call our office (859) 257-8701 or use the crisis services listed below.
Non-crisis questions may be e-mailed to UKCounselingCenter@uky.edu
UKCC clinicians do not provide letters for Emotional Support Animals (ESAs).
Information and resources related to the Coronavirus:
- CATS Choose: A toolkit for caring for yourself during COVID-19 (This is a live document and will be updated)
- UK’s response to the coronavirus: https://www.uky.edu/coronavirus/
- National info: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Kentucky info: https://chfs.ky.gov/agencies/dph/pages/covid19.aspx
Information and resources related to racial trauma:
Crisis resources by phone:
- UK Counseling Center, (859) 257-8701 (press 1 after hours, on weekends, and during university closings)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK
- Bluegrass Rape Crisis Center: 1-800-656-4673
- Trevor Project (LGBTQ): 1-866-488-7386
- National Disaster Distress Helpline (SAMSA) related to COVID-19: 1-800-985-5990 (also available in Spanish), for those who are hearing impaired or deaf: TTY number 1-800-846-8517
Crisis resources by text:
- Crisis Text Line, “go” to 741-741
- Trevor Project (LGBTQ), “start” to 678-678
- National Disaster Distress Helpline Text (SAMSA) related to COVID-19: text TalkWithUs to 66746
Crisis resources by online chat:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
- Trevor Project (LGBTQ), https://www.thetrevorproject.org/get-help-now/