Check out Let's Talk!
Let's Talk! This program is open to ANY UK student, ANYWHERE! These are brief, confidential conversations with a UKCC Clinician. Please drop in!
Returning in Fall 2022: Let's Talk is a program that provides easy access to informal confidential conversations with clinicians from the UK Counseling Center. There is no appointment or fee necessary.
- This service is open to all University of Kentucky undergraduate, graduate and professional students.
- Speaking with a clinician can help provide support, insight, and information about resources.
Let’s Talk is informal conversations only. Let’s Talk is not counseling.Disclaimer:
- Let’s Talk conversations are not part of students’ releasable records.
- Although Let's Talk clinicians are mental health professionals, Let's Talk conversations do not constitute mental health treatment.
- Limits to confidentiality- When there is an immediate threat of harm to you or others, Let's Talk counselors are required by law to report this. When a minor, elderly person, or someone otherwise incapacitated is being abused, Let's Talk consultants are also required by law to report this.
- If your Let's Talk clinician assesses that you could benefit from a higher level of care, every effort will be made to refer you to other appropriate resources at the university and surrounding community.
Beginning August 29, 2022
Lewis Honors College, Room 113
|Dr. Nathaniel Hopkins, Ph.D.|
Veterans Resource Center (VRC) 2 Erikson Hall
|Dr. Tristan Barney, Psy.D.|
|Tuesday||5-7 pm||VIRTUAL: https://ukth.zoom.us/j/82670817458?pwd=YzNGc25PcUdhWklJV0oxb2xmU3Jadz09||Rachel Buxbaum, LCSW|
|Wednesday||12:30-2:30 pm||MLK Ctr, Suite A230 Gatton Student Center||Dr. Walter Malone, Ph.D. and Dr. Kyndl Woodlee, Ph.D.|
College of Engineering, 355B F. Paul Anderson Tower
|Dr. Kyoko Canizales, Ph.D.|
|Thursday||10:30 am - 12:30pm||N24D Ag Science Ctr North||Dr. Di Sobel, Ph.D.|
|Thursday||2:30-4:30 pm||CARES, 100 McVey Hall||
Tomerial Brooks, LCSW, MBA
|Thursday||4-5 pm||for College of Med only: MD students check their canvas announcement page for zoom link||Dr. Jamie Hopkins, Ph.D.|
The "Let's Talk" program is modeled on the "Let's Talk" program at Cornell University. We are indebted to our colleagues there for the name and idea; some of the material on their website has been duplicated here with permission. Special thanks to Cornell University CAPS, for sharing their expertise and experience.