Female Equestrian Health Community of Practice
The Female Equestrian Health Community of Practice (CoP) is a group of experts who meet regularly using remote technology to discuss priorities for research and educational needs within this area.
The Community of Practice provides insight on needed and ongoing research, education, and outreach programs related to female equestrian health and wellness. Taking into consideration the unique interaction that occurs between horses and riders, as well as handlers and grooms, the CoP advises on aligning approaches that create innovation in an industry that is vitally important to the Commonwealth of Kentucky and has global interconnectedness.
This initiative began as a collaboration between individual researchers in the College of Public Health and the College of Food, Agriculture and Environment.
Areas of interest:
- Breast Health, Bra Use, Bra Fit
- Pain and Quality of Life Health Outcomes
- Social and Behavioral Aspects of Equestrian Health
- Rider-specific Educational Programs
- Healthy Riding throughout the Lifespan
- Environmental and Occupational Health