Sustainability Goals - How Are We Doing?
UK Recycling is working to increase increase both recycling and the diversion rate at the University. To increase the diversion rate, UK Recycling is working to not only expand recycling efforts, but increase composting and the reuse/donation program.
2019 Diversion Categories (Tons)
Waste Management Goals (2017 to 2022)
- Increase Diversion Rate to 50% (Increase recycling, reuse, donations and composting efforts)
- Increase Recycling Rate by 25%
- Develop and implement a Sustainability Purchasing Protocol
- Conduct waste audit to understand the University's waste stream
- Increase eduction and outreach on waste diversion/reduction