Confidential Paper (PHI)
UK Recycling partners with Shred It to collect, shred and recycle all office paper containing confidential or personal health information (PHI).
Three types of containers are provided to faculty and staff on campus, at no cost, to collect confidential paper :
- 27” Shredinator (desk-side container)
- 40” Executive Container (console)
- 96 gallon recycling Toter (Large blue roll cart) *These containers cannot be placed on a permanent basis in any UKHC Facility.
For UK Healthcare staff, personal health information (PHI) refers to any document that contains one or more of the following:
- Demographic information/ personal information (name, address, social security number)
- Medical histories
- Medical tests
- Laboratory results
- Mental health conditions
- Insurance information
- All other data that a healthcare professional collects to identify an individual
For office clean outs, please request a 96 Gallon Lockable Toter.
To request a confidential container, please complete a request form.