Monday, November 2
- First-Gen Faculty & Staff Advocate Salute via WRFL (all week)
- Monday Mindfulness, featuring Koru Mindfulness with Kim Beatty, Noon
- First-Gen Conversations: Creating Your Personal Statement, a virtual introduction to creating your personal statement for use with graduate/professional school and job applications. 5:30pm; led by UK Stuckert Career Center
Tuesday, November 3 (Election Day)
- First-Gen to the Voting Polls!
- First-Gen Trivia via Social Media. Follow us on Instagram @uk_first_generation_advising for your chance to play and win!
Wednesday, November 4
- Virtual Lunch and Learn with CELT: First-Gen at the University of Kentucky, noon
- First-Gen Conversations: First-Gen Abroad, an introduction to Education Abroad, 3pm, Led by UK Education Abroad
- https://uky.zoom.us/j/82800293436?pwd=WktVQk5NSHNMY3NEZ3JkdENIRDYrdz09 Password: ukyabroad
- Undergraduate Research Series: Its more than just the sciences. A virtual exploration of undergraduate research opportunities that extend beyond the sciences and medical fields, 5pm, Led by UK Undergraduate Research
- Wednesday Mindfulness, featuring Koru Mindfulness with Kim Beatty, 7pm
Thursday, November 5
- First-Gen Conversations: First-Generation Intersectionality, a discussion on “first-generation-plus” identities, (i.e., race, gender, socioeconomic status) at the University of Kentucky (First Gen Faculty, Staff, Students, and 1G Advocates), 6:00pm, Brandon Colbert
Friday, November 6
- Joint Virtual First-Generation College Celebration (hosted by NASPA First-Generation Success Center and COE), 2-3:30pm
Saturday, November 7
- First-Generation Student Virtual Conference (all day)
Sunday, November 8
- Alpha Alpha Alpha Honor Society Virtual Induction Ceremony, 5pm
First-Generation Student Advising supports first-generation students (neither parent or guardian has a 4-year degree) at the University of Kentucky from recruitment to graduation through research-based programs, resources, best practices, and campus-wide advocacy about the needs of students who are the first in their families to go to college. Advisors advocate for first-generation students within their colleges and collaborate with other campus offices (e.g. Division of Student and Academic Life, Enrollment Management, International Center, and Office for Institutional Diversity) to provide the best resources to promote the success of first-generation students at UK.