Basics of Leadership
What is a leader? Can you become the leader you envision? During this workshop, we will address the issue of becoming the best leader each of us can be. We will address the concept of situational leadership in which the leader adapts to the knowledge and skill base of the team member. We will also address how personality styles affect a leader's behavior.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Describe what it takes to be a good manager.
- Explain how to move away from being a doer to being a leader.
- Choose to delegate.
- Compare management to leadership.
- Discover individual leadership preferences.
- Zero in on key leadership traits.
- Adapt individual leadership preferences to situational needs.