Coaching and feedback
A leader’s job is to build people. Everyone is born with unique talents. Sometimes, a person’s talents are clear and just need a little polish. Other times, a person’s talents may be concealed by uncertainty or a lack of self-awareness. Leaders who provide targeted, ongoing coaching to their employees can uncover talent, strengthen their team, and add value to their organization. How can you positively and constructively guide and influence employees?
During this session, participants will learn to:
- Compare and contrast key leadership functions like managing, coaching, training, and mentoring
- Identify best practices for providing feedback
- Identify the purpose and function of coaching
- Apply a seven-question framework for developing a coaching habit
- Identify situation-based coaching practices