Leading Effective Teams
Successful leaders rely on their work groups to create success. But effective teamwork doesn't occur in a vacuum of leadership. Leaders must take positive steps to create an empowering climate and influence the team's direction.
By the end of this workshop, leaders will be able to:
- Identify what characteristics team members value in team leaders.
- Recognize the challenges and benefits of a diverse team.
- Define the four stages of team development.
- Explain the leader's role in differing stages of team development.
- Identify and analyze the issues critical to team start-ups.
- Explain different team decision making models.
- Apply the appropriate decision making model to real situations.
- Facilitate successful consensus decision making meetings.
- Structure successful meetings.
- Identify team roles.
- Recognize common team behaviors.
- Manage poor team behaviors.
- Keep the team organized.
- Manage team conflict.
- Empower teams to take the lead.