Most of us make hundreds of decisions every day. Many of us are also unhappy with the decisions that we make. We wonder if we have thought things through or we are disappointed that the outcomes are not what we hoped for. In this workshop we will provide a simple decision making procedure that will enable us to make decisions that are workable, timely and cost effective.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Correctly identify the real problem.
- Identify unhealthy agreement tendencies.
- Recognize risks inherent in routine decisions.
- Eliminate personal bias.
- Identify which problems can be solved personally.
- Consider all the relevant evidence regarding a problem.
- Investigate root causes of problems.
- Consider good alternatives.
- Choose the best alternative given constraints.