Walking is the cheapest form of physical activity! You don't need expensive equipment or special training — just a good pair of walking shoes. Walking is also a great two-in-one: physical activity and transportation. Consider how great it is to be able to get exercise in while you're at work. Whether you're on-the-go getting to an appointment, meeting, training, lunch, an event, or the gym. All of that walking makes a difference to your health!
Here's just a few benefits walking brings:
- Lowers bad cholesterol and raises good cholesterol
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces your risk of certain illnesses such as diabetes
- Maintains or reduces your weight
- Improves your mood
- Health Sciences Research Building to Stadium Shelter (employee shuttle) = 0.8 mile
- Rose St. Parking Structure to Singletary Center = 0.3 mile
- Press Ave. Parking Structure to KY Clinic = 0.3 mile
- C.T. Wethington through Kentucky Clinic to Biomedical/Biological Sciences Research Building = 0.2 mile
- Chandler Hospital Pav H to Visitor Parking Structure: 0.25 mile
- Walk 8 laps inside the Chem-Phys Building to reach 1 mile
- Walk 11 laps inside the Classroom Building to reach 1 mile
Lap around C.T. Wethington Building basement (dark blue) = .25 miles
Medical area indoor/covered loop (light blue) = .62 miles
If you're starting from Starbucks in the Kentucky Clinic,
- Take the stairs to the third floor and make a right at the information desk, passing by College of Nursing, to take the pedway to Chandler Hospital Pav H.
- Once inside Chandler Hospital, make a right at the end of the hall and take the D stairs down to the first floor.
- Make a left, proceeding towards the main lobby of Chandler.
- Take a left down the sidewalk past the shuttle driveway and enter through the automatic doors to the Gill Heart Institute.
- Go up to the third floor and make a right into the pedway to C.T. Wethington Building.
- Once inside C.T. Wethington, turn right down the hall and then make a left into the main foyer.
- Go right down the hall and make a right into the stairwell to go down to the first floor.
- Take a right out of the stairwell and return to the KY Clinic.