- Submit a request using this online form.
- Once submitted, the completed form is emailed to the employee’s supervisor and HR; a copy is also emailed to the employee.
- Supervisors should review the information, then submit the request to their Dean, Associate Provost or Vice President for consideration and approval.
- Once approved, the supervisor should contact the employee with the decision. This is also a good time for the supervisor to clarify their expectations and seek to understand what support the employee may need while working remotely.
UK HealthCare employees
Managers/supervisors may use flexible staffing models or permit remote work if clinical operations can be carried out with minimal interruption to workflow.
Remote work options
- Managers/supervisors should identify any employee who could address an emergent or urgent issue by whose physical presence may not be necessary durin this emergency.
- Employees shall be available via computer and phone throughout their normal working hours.
Flexible work options
- Managers/supervisors should work with any staff who may be able to do their work during the evening or nighttime hours (especially if this would allow for child care for school-age children).
- Employees shall be available via computer and phone to address any issues that might arise.
Following identification of those employees, the manager/supervisor shall vet their list with their immediate supervisor for final approval.
After approval, the manager/supervisor shall discuss options with affected employees and require the employee to complete the Remote/Flexible Work Form.
Ongoing flexible work options
Find greater satisfaction in work and life by working remotely or adjusting your schedule.
In HR, we encourage supervisors and employees to work together to find creative ways of meeting the needs of the university while providing greater flexibility than traditional work arrangements.
We know flexibility when possible helps everyone thrive at work and outside of it. That's why work-life sensitivity is one of our university's values.