Spring Break Parking and Bus Service (2014)
During spring break, demand for student parking is greatly reduced. As a result, Parking and Transportation Services does not control many of the student areas for permits during this period.
In general, all Residential (R) lots and all single use Commuter (C) lots are off control from March 15 through March 23. All Employee (E) lots will remain on control, including the combination E/C lots specified below, as well as the R17 lot (Wildcat Coal Lodge).
Parking Lots Off Control During Spring Break
- R3 - Complex Drive and Sports Center Drive (Jerry Claiborne Way) Lot
- R4 - Fraternity Row Parking Lot
- R5 - Sorority Row Parking Lot (Columbia Terrace)
- R6 - Various Apartment Complexes
- R7 - Shawneetown Apartments
- R8 - Commonwealth Village Apartments
- R9 - Greg Page Apartments
- R10 - Donovan Hall, Central I & II
- R14 - SAE lot (Rose Lane)
- R18 - Behind Memorial Coliseum
- C6 - Bluegrass Community & Technical College
- K - Commonwealth Stadium Lots
Parking Lots on Control During Spring Break
- R17 - Wildcat Coal Lodge (Permit Required)
- E/C2 - E.S. Goodbarn Lot (Permit Required)
- E/C3 - Sports Center Garage (PS #7) (Permit Required)
- E/C5 - South Limestone Garage (PS #5) (Permit Required)
- E/C7 - Scott Street and Taylor/Dickey Lots (Permit Required)
- C8 - Astroturf parking area (Permit Required)
Bus Service During Spring Break
One CATS bus will run on main campus during spring break. View the schedule in HTML or PDF. Additionally, the Medical Center Route and the KY Clinic Shuttle will continue to run their normal schedules. Finally, the On-Demand Night Service will continue operations.
All other CATS and Lextran campus bus service will not operate during spring break, but will resume normal operations on Monday, March 24.
The CATS Bus Night Route will suspend service from Friday, March 14 through Saturday, March 22; operations will resume Sunday, March 23, with the on-call service beginning at 7:00 p.m.
Please note that even though these lots are not controlled for permits, they are still monitored for other parking violations to include, but not limited to, parking in fire lanes, on yellow lines, and in disabled reserved parking.
During Spring Break, parking meters will remain on control in parking lots being controlled for permits.
All lots will resume normal control on Monday, March 24.