Alumni Gym Fitness Center
Face coverings for fully vaccinated individuals are optional. For individuals who are not fully vaccinated, face coverings are required at all times, even while exercising. Please check our Coronavirus response page for more information.
|Mon-Fri:||6am - 6pm|
|Sat & Sun:||Closed|
Fall/Spring Semester Hours
|Mon-Fri:||6am - 10pm|
|Sat:||9am - 9pm|
|Sun:||11am - 10pm|
The historic Alumni Gym, located adjacent to the UK Student Center on Avenue of Champions,is a state-of-the-art fitness center designed to provide choices and opportunities for healthy living. The appealing‚ open environment encourages participation and development of a healthy lifestyle. It is a great place to gather‚ make new friends‚ and take a positive step towards lifelong health and fitness habits.
Johnson Center/Alumni Gym memberships are available for current UK students and employees, UK retirees, OLLI/Donovan Scholars, eligible BCTC students, BCTC and VA employees (Cooper Drive only) and spouses of facility members. Members must present a current student ID card, UK Faculty/Staff ID card, or Johnson Center/Alumni Gym ID card for admission. Facilities are available for weight training, cardio training, functional training, and group fitness classes. Locker and shower facilities are also available. For detailed information on memberships, select this link. For questions about Johnson Center/Alumni Gym memberships, contact Lindsey Peterson. For general facility questions, contact Courtney Gill.
- Weight training, including Olympic platforms, plate-loaded equipment, barbells, and dumbbells
- Cardio training
- Group fitness studios
- Cycling studio
- Locker and shower facilities
- Lobby/lounge area
General Facility Rules
- Members must present a current UK or BCTC student ID‚ UK Faculty/Staff ID, or Johnson Center/Alumni Gym member ID for admittance.
- Guests must be at least 14 years of age, and show a photo ID to enter the facility. Guest passes are $10 per visit. All other Guest Pass rules apply.
- Face coverings for fully vaccinated individuals are optional. For individuals who are not fully vaccinated, face coverings are required at all times, even while exercising.
- Shirts and non–marking athletic shoes are required in recreation areas. Scrubs not allowed in activity areas.
- Food and drink (with the exception of leak–proof water bottles) are allowed in the lobby/lounge area only.
- Use of tobacco products or alcohol is not permitted.
- Bicycles are not permitted inside the facility.
- Abusive language and inappropriate behavior may result in suspension from facility.
- Campus Recreation staff has final authority over facility conduct and use of equipment. Failure to comply will result in immediate dismissal from facility. Additional sanctions may apply.
Lockers are Day-Use Only, and are available for use by members and guests. Patrons should disinfect lockers before and after use. All items in day-use lockers must be removed at the end of each day. Day-use lockers will be cleaned out at the end of each day, and any items left overnight in day use lockers will be placed in lost-and-found. Campus Recreation and Wellness employees are not responsible for items left overnight in day-use lockers.
A variety of fitness equipment is available for members while in the facility. Members must present a current UK or BCTC student ID, UK employee ID, or Johnson Center/Alumni Gym ID for day use equipment checkout. All equipment checked out at the Alumni Gym control desk must be returned the same day before the facility closes.
Parking & Bus Service
A pay lot is located on Limestone St. (PS #5) across from the Alumni Gym. Check the UK Parking web site for rules pertaining to all university parking lots, UK parking permits, and visitor parking. Parking rules are subject to change without notice. The campus bus Blue and White routes have a stop on Avenue of Champions in front of the Student Center. For more information on parking and bus routes/times visit:www.uky.edu/pts/.