American Red Cross Lifeguarding
Instruction is offered throughout the year for Full Lifeguard Certification. Minimum of 3 persons per class. There is a fee for the instruction. For more information‚ please visit the Lifeguarding web page.
Other American Red Cross Courses Offered
- Lifeguard Instructor course
- Lifeguard Review (required 3 persons to host course)
- Lifeguard Full Course 2017 Red Cross UPDATES
- Water Safety Instructor
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches (required US Swimming Saftety Training online cert. to be presented prior to taking Am. Red Cross course)
- Diving Instruction Call (859) 285–7693
- Swim Lessons offered by Campus Recreation Water Safety Instructors certified by American Red Cross. Please call 859-257-7940. Instructors are limited during UK 4 Week and 8 Week sessions. Please go to our swim lesson page for more information. Click here for the Fall 2017 Group Swim Lesson Flyer.
The Campus Recreation Department provides 42 hours of recreation swim time per week for UK students‚ faculty‚ staff‚ spouses‚ and children. Patrons must show a current UK ID card to gain entrance. Children must be 48 inches in height to use the facility during recreation swim. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by parents when in the facility.
Wildcat Masters Swim Team
This year round program‚ affiliated with the US Masters‚ is a swim team for adults 18 years and older. Swimmers of all abilities participate‚ some for competition and the majority for fitness and fun. Several practices are offered each week including early morning‚ mid–day‚ nights‚ and Sundays. There are four coached for the team.
Physical Education Classes
The KHP Department of the University of Kentucky offers Aquatic classes in beginning swimming‚ intermediate swimming‚ aerobics‚ scuba‚ and water safety instructor for regularUK students.
The Lancaster Aquatic Center is also home to the UK Varsity Swimming and Diving teams‚ as well as the US age group swimming and diving teams.