ATTENTION: PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE NO TRAINING SLOTS CURRENTLY OPEN FOR THE SUMMER. PLEASE FILL OUT THE TRAINING REQUEST FORM AND YOU WILL BE PLACED ON A WAITLIST.
Personal Trainings Sessions Now Offered In -Person or Virtually!
Are you looking for the opportunity to meet one on one or in a Small Group with a Certifed Trainer and train to specifically to meet your needs? If so, Personal Training is for you!!
Vision Statement: The vision of UK RECWELL's Training Services department is to empower participants to achieve healthy lifestyles through education, motivation, and training.
Mission Statment: The mission of the Training Services department is to provide participants with the knowledge and ability to develop lifelong skills and self- efficacy through exercise, in order to acheive optimal health and well being
Training Services are only available to members that have a valid Campus Recreation and Wellness Membership. Membership information can be found by visiting the Campus Recreation & Wellness Memberships Page
Individual Private Training:
- Initial Package - $50 which includes one (1) Assessment/Goal Setting/Program Design Session, and two (2) training sessions
- Single Sessions- $20 can be purchased once the Initial Training Package has been completed
Semi-Private Training: (Groups of up to 3 participants)
- Initial Package - $40 per participant which includes (1) Assessment/Goal Setting/Program Design Session, and two (2) training sessions
- Single Session- $15 per participant can be purchased once the Initial Training Package has been completed
**Please note that Semi- Private packages and sessions must be purchased separately by each participant in the group
How To Request A Trainer?
You can request the services of a Certified Trainer by completing each of the steps below. Participants in the program are paired with a Trainer based upon availability and schedule of our Training Team. You may request a specific member of the Training Team, but there is no gurantee that you will work your requested trainer.
Once your information is received, a member of the Fitness Administration team will contact you to confirm your paperwork status and to schedule an initial meeting with a Trainer. After your initial meeting is scheduled, the assigned Trainer will contact you to pass along important information regarding your intital meeting where a Fitness Assessment will be conducted.
**Please note that Semi-Private (Groups of up to 3 Participants) each group member will need to submite a Training Services Request Form and Packet
How Do I Purchase Training Sessions?
Training Services participants can purchase sessions once the Training Services Request Form/Client Packets have been recieved and a member of the Fitness Administration team have coordinated the initial meeting with a Trainer.
Trainining Sessions can be purchased at the Johnson Center or Alumni Gym Business Office (Monday - Friday 7am-6pm) or online through the RECWELL Services Portal
- In-Person sessions will only be conducted on the Campus of the University of Kentucky
- Virtual Training sessions will be conducted using the Microsoft Teams Dashboard
- Training Sessions will be 60 minutes in length unless approved by the Fitness Administration team
- All Clients will be required to complete Health Readiness documents prior to conducting the first training session. A Physician's Clearance may be deemed necessary
- All Clients will undergo an In-Person Fitness Assessment prior to exercise
- Training Sessions are nontransferrable and non-refundable
- Sessions expire 4 months after the date of purchase
Training Services Questions? Contact Lindsay Thomayer, Fitness Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org