Face coverings are required at all times, except while exercising. Please check our Coronavirus response page for more information.
Fall/Spring Semester Hours
|Mon-Fri:||6am - midnight|
|Sat:||9am - 9pm|
|Sun:||11am - midnight|
|Mon-Fri:||6am - 9pm|
|Sat:||12pm - 4pm|
|Sun:||12pm - 4pm|
The Johnson Center‚ located on Complex Drive‚ is a state–of–the–art recreation facility that is designed to provide choices and opportunities for healthy living. The appealing‚ open environment encourages participation and development of a healthy lifestyle. It is a great place to gather‚ make new friends‚ and take a positive step towards lifelong health and fitness habits.
Johnson Center/Alumni Gym memberships are available for current UK students and employees, eligible BCTC students, BCTC and VA employees (Cooper Drive only) and spouses of facility members. Members must present a current student ID card, UK Faculty/Staff ID card, or Johnson Center/Alumni Gym ID card for admission. Facilities are available for basketball‚ weight training and conditioning‚ group fitness classes‚ climbing‚ volleyball‚ badminton‚ jogging‚ racquetball‚ and wallyball. Locker and shower facilities are also available. For detailed information on memberships, select this link. For questions about Johnson Center/Alumni Gym memberships, contact Lindsey Peterson. For general facility questions, contact Kathy Rose.
- Multi–purpose gymnasium
- Four–lane elevated jogging track
- Fitness/conditioning center
- Group fitness studios
- Cycling studio
- Four racquetball courts
- Climbing Wall
- Locker and shower facilities
- Lobby/lounge area
Volleyball and Badminton:
Regular Semester Schedule (Court 4):
Badminton, 9:30am - 3pm
Volleyball, 3pm - 9pm
Volleyball, 11:30am - 2pm
Badminton, 2pm - 4:30pm
Summer and Holiday Hour Schedule (Court 4):
Volleyball, 12pm - 4pm
Johnson Center members may reserve racquetball and wallyball courts up to 48 hours in advance by using your LinkBlue credentials to sign into the following online reservation website:
General Facility Rules
- Members must present a current UK or BCTC student ID‚ UK Faculty/Staff ID, or Johnson Center member ID for admittance.
- Guests must be at least 14 years of age, and show a photo ID to enter the facility. Guest passes are $10 per visit. All other Guest Pass rules apply.
- Face coverings are required at all times, except while exercising.
- Shirts and non–marking athletic shoes are required in recreation areas. Scrubs not allowed in activity areas.
- Food and drink (with the exception of leak–proof water bottles) are not allowed in the recreational areas.
- Use of tobacco products or alcohol are not permitted.
- Hanging on the basketball rims is not permitted. Violators will be asked to leave.
- Bicycles are not permitted inside the facility.
- Abusive language and inappropriate behavior may result in suspension from facility.
- Campus Recreation staff has final authority over facility conduct and use of equipment. Failure to comply will result in immediate dismissal from facility. Additional sanctions may apply.
Lockers are available for daily use by members and guests. Patrons should disinfect lockers before and after use. All items in day-use lockers must be removed at the end of each day. Day-use lockers will be cleaned out at the end of each day, and any items left overnight in day use lockers will be placed in lost-and-found. Johnson Center employees are not responsible for items left overnight in day-use lockers.
Locker rentals are $5 per month, minimum 3-month purchase. Only current Johnson Center members are eligible for locker rentals. There is limited availability for rental lockers. To sign up on the locker rental waiting list, call 257-3928.
A variety of equipment, from outdoor basketballs to racquetball racquets, is available for members while in the facility. Members must present a current UK or BCTC student ID, UK employee ID, or Johnson Center ID for day use equipment checkout. All equipment checked out at the Johnson Center control desk must be returned the same day before the facility closes.
A variety of equipment is available for overnight checkout. A current UK student or employee ID is required for equipment checkout. All equipment should be reserved at least one full business day (Monday - Friday) in advance of pick-up day. Equipment should be picked up and returned at the Johnson Center control desk. All checked out equipment must be returned by the end of the next business day (exception: equipment checked out on Friday is due back on the following Monday). To reserve overnight checkout equipment, please complete and submit the following form:
Parking & Bus Service
A pay lot is located on the corner of Complex and Sports Center Drive.
Check the UK Parking web site for rules pertaining to all university parking lots, UK parking permits, and visitor parking. Parking rules are subject to change without notice. The University CATS bus runs along University Drive, which is a short walk to and from the Johnson Center. For more information on parking and bus routes/times visit:www.uky.edu/pts/.