Face coverings are required at all times, even while exercising. Please check our Coronavirus response page for important guidelines that must be followed in order to remain open.
Winter Break Hours (Jan. 4 - 23)
|Mon-Fri:||6am - 7pm|
|Sat & Sun:||12pm - 4pm|
The Johnson Center will begin regular spring semester hours on Sunday, Jan. 24.
Fall/Spring Semester Hours
|Mon-Fri:||6am - midnight|
|Sat:||9am - 9pm|
|Sun:||11am - midnight|
|Mon-Fri:||6am - 7pm|
|Sat:||12pm - 4pm|
|Sun:||12pm - 4pm|
The Johnson Center‚ located on Complex Drive‚ is a state–of–the–art recreation facility that is designed to provide choices and opportunities for healthy living. The appealing‚ open environment encourages participation and development of a healthy lifestyle. It is a great place to gather‚ make new friends‚ and take a positive step towards lifelong health and fitness habits.
Johnson Center/Alumni Gym memberships are available for current UK students and employees, eligible BCTC students, BCTC and VA employees (Cooper Drive only) and spouses of facility members. Members must present a current student ID card, UK Faculty/Staff ID card, or Johnson Center/Alumni Gym ID card for admission. Facilities are available for weight training and conditioning‚ group fitness classes‚ climbing‚ badminton‚ jogging‚ and racquetball. Basketball, volleyball, and wallyball will not be allowed during this first phase of reopening. Locker and shower facilities are also available. Availability of day-use lockers is extremely limited. Please bring only the items needed for exercising. For detailed information on memberships, select this link. For questions about Johnson Center/Alumni Gym memberships, contact Lindsey Peterson. For general facility questions, contact Kathy Rose.
- Multi–purpose gymnasium. Basketball and volleyball will not be allowed during this first phase of reopening.
- Four–lane elevated jogging track
- Fitness/conditioning center
- Group fitness studios
- Cycling studio
- Four racquetball courts
- Climbing Wall
- Locker and shower facilities
- The lobby/lounge area has been temporarily closed during this first phase of reopening.
Volleyball and Badminton:
Volleyball open rec will not be allowed during this phase of reopening.
Badminton (singles or doubles) will be allowed on court 4 unless a Club Sports Practice is scheduled. Participants must provide their own equipment and maintain 6' social distancing. To determine court availability for badminton, call 859-257-9383.
Wallyball will not be allowed during this first phase of reopening.
Racquetball (singles only) will be allowed. Participants must provide their own equipment. Maximum occupancy for racquetball courts = 2. Johnson Center members may reserve racquetball courts up to 48 hours in advance by using your LinkBlue credentials to sign into the following online reservation website:
General Facility Rules
- Members must present a current UK or BCTC student ID‚ UK Faculty/Staff ID, or Johnson Center member ID for admittance.
- Face coverings are required at all times, even while exercising (state mandated policy change beginning Nov. 20, 2020).
- Guests will not be allowed during the first phase of reopening
- Water fountain drinking stations have been disabled. Water fountain bottle fill stations are still operational. Please bring your own water bottle.
- Shirts and non–marking athletic shoes are required in recreation areas. Scrubs not allowed in activity areas.
- Food and drink (with the exception of leak–proof water bottles) are not allowed in the recreational areas.
- Use of tobacco products or alcohol are not permitted.
- Bicycles are not permitted inside the facility.
- Abusive language and inappropriate behavior may result in suspension from facility.
- Campus Recreation staff has final authority over facility conduct and use of equipment. Failure to comply will result in immediate dismissal from facility. Additional sanctions may apply.
Lockers are available for daily use by members and guests. Availability of day-use lockers is extremely limited. Please bring only the items needed for exercising. Patrons should disinfect lockers before and after use. All items in day-use lockers must be removed at the end of each day. Day-use lockers will be cleaned out at the end of each day, and any items left overnight in day use lockers will be placed in lost-and-found. Johnson Center employees are not responsible for items left overnight in day-use lockers.
Locker rentals are $5 per month, minimum 3-month purchase. Only current Johnson Center members are eligible for locker rentals. There is limited availability for rental lockers. To sign up on the locker rental waiting list, call 257-3928.
This service has been temporarily suspended during this first phase of reopening.
Parking & Bus Service
A pay lot is located on the corner of Complex and Sports Center Drive.
Check the UK Parking web site for rules pertaining to all university parking lots, UK parking permits, and visitor parking. Parking rules are subject to change without notice. The University CATS bus runs along University Drive, which is a short walk to and from the Johnson Center. For more information on parking and bus routes/times visit:www.uky.edu/pts/.