Alcohol & Other Substances
Alcohol & Other Drug programming at The Student Wellness Center uses a multi-dimensional approach to address alcohol and other drug misuse.
- Education. Through the lens of health consciousness, an approach that increases awareness in the face of potential risks to one's health, we ensure that students obtain accurate information about responsible alcohol and drug use. Our approach allows students to recognize unhealthy behaviors while providing a multitude of healthy alternatives.
- Assessment. Assessment allows us to define the problem and determine how successful our current approaches to addressing the problem are helping to reduce high-risk alcohol and drug use.
- Environmental Management. Through campus and statewide initiatives we are able to create a campus environment that empahsizes harm reduction through on-going policy review, campus-wide taskforces, and community engagement.
- Recovery. The Collegiate Recovery Community works to promote a healthy and supportive collegiate experience for students in recovery for substance use disorders and process addictions, as well as help remove the stigma associated with recovery. We recognize that substance dependence is a disease and there is no specific demographic that is immune.
Part 1 Opens: July 13th, 2020
Part 1 Due: August 24th, 2020
Part 2 Due: October 26th, 2020
To access and complete AlcoholEdu, follow the directions below.
- Click on the link here.
- You will be prompted to use your LinkBlue ID and password (the same as what you use to access UK email, myUK, etc.) to log in.
- Once you enter that information, it will take you to a different page. Click on the link that will redirect you to the EverFi website.
- Create your account by following the prompt. Once your account has been created for AlcoholEdu, you will be able to view and access the program through your Everfi Dashboard.
For more information and/or questions, contact Student Wellness.