Good sleep might seem like a dream for many. On average most adults get approximately 6 hours of sleep per night and some as few as 4 hours per night. Recent research indicates the right amount of sleep impacts our physical health, emotional well-being, academic performance, and overall safety. To help you learn more about the benefits of sleep and how they can make small changes for big sleep impacts, Student Wellness in collaboration with HR Health and Wellness is excited to launch our newest program Refresh.
What is SLEEP WELL?
Sleep Well aims to provide students with the skills, strategies and support to achieve more restful nights. Sleep Well is powered by a web application called Sleeprate. The Sleeprate app monitors and analyzes your sleep to reveal how long and how well you slept; it identifies issue with your sleep and then provides a personalized program to improve your sleep. The app walks you through this program step-by-step at your pace until you're sleeping better.
The full program can be completed in 4-12 weeks, depending on your specific sleep concerns and your commitment to better sleep.
The aim in the first week is to learn your sleep patterns and related habits, and to detect any concerns through questionnaires and nightly sleep monitoring. This information is then used to design a personalized Sleep Improvement Plan. Every seven days you get a short progress report and new strategies, skills, and support to help you get the sleep you need.
Fall asleep faster, sleep through the night, and wake up refreshed!
More about the Sleeprate Web App:
- Sleep monitoring – track your sleep with the app alone or paired with common wearable devices*: heart rate monitors, Garmin or Apple Watch, among others.
- Sound analysis – find out if you snore or if other noises disturb your sleep.
- Thorough assessment – Sleeprate compiles your sleep data over a week, and together with questionnaires puts together a complete report on how well and how long you sleep, and habits that may affect it.
- Relaxation tools to help quiet busy minds.
- Smart Alarm – When paired with a heart rate monitor this alarm wakes you at the best moment in your sleep cycle within a window you specify.
- Short videos tell you about different aspects of sleep – the structure of sleep, sleep drive, the impact of tension, caffeine, alcohol or screen time, etc.
HOW DO I START?
- Complete the pre-assessment found here. *You must complete the pre-assessment using your UKY credentials to gain access to the app.
- Following the completion of the pre-assessment you will be given a link where you will register your UKY email and create a password. It is important that you use your Link Blue email account. Using any other email will prevent you from accessing the full version of the program.
- From the Google Play/Apple App Store download the app called “Sleeprate: Balance Your Sleep.” Google App Link /Apple App Link
- When prompted sign in with your email and password pre-chosen.
- Follow the directions and choices on the screen.
- Ready to go? Get in bed and track your sleep!
- Don't forget to submit the post-assessment at the completion of your program to help us better support you overall well-being. The post-assessment can be found here.
If you are having problems accessing the program or need further support please contact Student Wellness or for technical support specific to the Sleeprate app please contact Sleeprate’s support.