What is wellness coaching?
Life happens and many things can get in the way of doing your best at the University of Kentucky which may leave you struggling to find time to do things you need to stay well and feel your best – like being active, eating well, managing stress or getting enough sleep.
Wellness coaching is a free opportunity for students to improve one or more of the following areas:
- Active Living
- Time Management
- Stress Management and Relaxation Strategies
- Sleep Habits
- Healthy Eating
- Social Connection
- Alcohol and Other Drugs
The Student Wellness Center's certified wellness coaches are professional health educators who will help you set priorities and identify specific changes you want to make to improve your well-being. Wellness Coaching is not counseling, but your coach will help you create an individualized action plan. During your sessions your coach will help you:
- Identify one or more priority areas that you would like to change based on your readiness for change.
- Recognize benefits of creating new, positive habits.
- Identify barriers to performing at your best and come up with manageable solutions.
- Create an action plan that incorporates realistic strategies tailored to your busy schedule.
- Successfully implement your plan by providing accountability, problem-solving, skill-building and referral to other campus resources if needed.
3. Once you have selected an appointment time with your Wellness Coach, make sure you complete the wellness intake form found in your confirmation email or click here.
There are certain situations where the needs of an individual cannot be met by wellness coaching. In those situations you will be directed to a clinician, dietician, or other trained healthcare professional. Many times, in those situations, you can have sessions with a wellness coach to continue working on the goal setting process related to the advice given by your healthcare professional.