Code of Student Conduct
An updated Code of Student Conduct was approved by the Board of Trustees on June 24th, 2016, http://uknow.uky.edu/content/board-trustees-approves-changes-code-student-conduct.
To summarize, key changes to the Code are as follows:
- The inclusion of the UK Creed as a foundational value of the UK student conduct process
- User-friendly language reflective of best practices in the student conduct field
- Compliance with recent interpretations of federal, state, and local laws (e.g., Title IX, Clery Act, etc.)
- A clearly defined scope that applies to both on- and off-campus behavior
- The inclusion of UK’s affirmative consent policy
- Updated standards of conduct that represent model behaviors of the UK community
- The addition of an amnesty policy related to alcohol and drug-related emergencies
- The inclusion of alternative conflict resolution (e.g., mediation, restorative conferences, restorative justice circles) and an all-student hearing board to resolve incidents involving any registered student organization as procedural resolution options
We are hoping the updated Code will continue to move us towards a healthier climate for accountability and conflict resolution, and we are looking forward to working with the campus community to promote the new policies and procedures.