Student Parking Permit Credit Application Now Available
Students who have parking permits for the 2019-20 academic year or the spring 2020 semester and no longer need access to campus may apply to receive a prorated credit.
Credits will first be applied to any outstanding parking citations on the student’s account. Any remaining balance will be transferred to the student’s University billing account and applied to outstanding balances or to summer 2020 or fall 2020 tuition, housing, dining or other mandatory fees. If the student doesn’t plan to return for the fall or is graduating, a refund will be provided. Information about credits will be posted on the myUK portal, which students can access.
Prorated credits will be issued for the month of April. Please note that students are not charged parking fees for May. The following parking permit credit amounts will apply:
- $20 for remote (X), off-peak (O) and R19 permits
- $34 for periphery (K) permits
- $40 for intermediate permits (R10, C9, C16)
- $60 for core residential permits
To be eligible for a credit, students must return their permit along with a completed request for student parking permit credit form. The form must be received by UK Transportation Services no later than May 1, 2020.
Students have the following options for returning their permit:
- Return the parking permit along with a completed parking credit form to the Press Avenue Garage Customer Service Center drive-thru window or by mail to Transportation Services, 721 Press Ave., Lexington, KY 40506-0571.
- Alternatively, students may complete the parking credit form and return it via email, along with photos of their permit. Students will find complete instructions and documentation requirements on the form.
Please note that processing requests for student permit fee credits may take up to six weeks.
Parking on campus remains on control during the remainder of the spring semester and through the summer months. If you return your parking permit and discover that you have a need to visit campus, please park in one of our hourly pay visitor parking facilities or purchase and display a daily scratch-off permit, available for purchase through our customer service office.
UK Transportation Services strives to improve the quality of life on campus by offering responsive, sustainable and reliable access to infrastructure and mobility solutions. To learn more about transportation options, follow Transportation Services on Twitter @UKParking, or visit us online at www.uky.edu/transportation.