Paratransit Services is an on-campus transportation service for students and employees with temporary and permanent mobility impairments. The program is designed to assist in reaching classes, jobs, or other on-campus activities and is available from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. during the fall and spring semesters.
Anyone seeking Paratransit Services as an accommodation must first complete an online intake form on the Disability Resource Center (DRC) website. Once a participant is approved by DRC, rides can be requested using the UKWildcab mobile app, available on Google Play and the App Store.
Paratransit Service is a partnership program between the DRC and Transportation Services.
- Download the UK Paratransit app to your smartphone.
- Login with your linkblue credentials.
- Once you have logged in for the first time, email Transportation Services to gain access.
- Add your phone number to your app profile so drivers can contact you.
Request a Ride
- Open the UK Paratransit app.
- Select “Start.”
- Enter your pick-up location either by tapping to place a pin or by typing in the address.
- Click “Set Pickup.”
- Enter your drop-off location either by tapping to place a pin or by typing in the address.
- Click “Set Drop-Off.”
- Once your route is correct, select “Confirm Ride.”
- Change the number of passengers and request wheelchair access if needed, then click “Submit Ride.”
- Once submitted, you will receive a notification when your ride has been accepted, when the driver is en route, and when your ride has arrived.
You will be sent a notification when a driver arrives. Drivers typically wait five minutes before they cancel the ride as a no-show. If you no longer need a ride, please be courteous and cancel your reservation. Also, please keep in mind that there may be times when there is a high demand, which can cause longer than usual pick-up and drop-off times.
For technical assistance with Paratransit Services, call 859-257-6362. For ADA accessible accommodations, call 859-257-2754.