Kentucky Paratransit is an on-campus transportation service for students and employees with temporary and permanent mobility impairments. The program is a partnership between UK Transportation Services and the Disability Resource Center (DRC) and is designed to assist individuals in reaching classes, jobs, or other on-campus activities. Paratransit Service is available from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. during the fall and spring semesters.
Individuals seeking access to the service must first complete an online intake form on the DRC’s website. After receiving DRC’s approval, follow these steps to access Kentucky Paratransit:
- Download the UK Paratransit app on your smartphone.
- Login with your linkblue credentials. Once you have logged infor the first time, email Andrew.Erickson@uky.edu and provide the mobile phone number used to create the account so he can give you access.
- Add your phone number to your app profile so drivers can contact you.
Request a Ride
- Open the Kentucky Paratransit app.
- Select "Start."
- Enter your pick-up location either by tapping to place a pin or by typing in the address.
- Click "Set Pickup."
- Enter your drop-off location either by tapping to place a pin or by typing in the address.
- Click "Set Drop-Off."
- Once your route is correct, select "Confirm Ride."
- Change the number of passengers and request wheelchair access if needed, then click "Submit Ride."
- Once submitted, you will receive a notification when your ride has been accepted, when the driver is en route, and when your ride has arrived.
Please Keep in Mind:
- When a driver arrives at your location they will send a notification to your phone that they are outside. Drivers typically wait no longer than five minutes for you to arrive before they cancel the ride as a no-show.
- If you no longer need the ride requested, please be courteous and always cancel your ride reservation so that the paratransit van can proceed to the next student reservation.
- Please keep in mind when making reservations that there are other students who use the service. There may be times when demand for the service is high, which will cause longer than usual pickup and drop-off times. Please plan accordingly.
- Paratransit services are on campus only. If you request a pickup or drop-off outside of the campus map you will receive a "Paratransit services are available on campus only" notification.