Guaranteed Ride Program
The Guaranteed Ride Program is a benefit offered to UK employees and off-campus commuter students who are members of Commute Club. This benefit is designed to allow for schedule flexibility, so that those who walk, bike, bus, or carpool to campus can get home if an unforeseen situation arises. Guaranteed Ride offers reimbursement for taxi and ride-hailing services such as Uber and Lyft.
Qualified Commute Club members may take advantage of this reimbursement up to six times per fiscal year, so long as the total reimbursement amount for all rides doesn't exceed $75. The fiscal year is defined as July 1 to June 30.
In order to be reimbursed for a ride, patrons of the service must submit a receipt and reimbursement form within 14 days of the date the ride occurred. The receipt must be stamped with the time and location of the ride. Please check with the ride service selected to ensure they can provide a receipt that meets these requirements, or no reimbursement will be given.
Guaranteed Ride reimbursements are considered a taxable fringe benefit under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017. Taxes will be withheld from participating employees' paychecks upon reimbursement.
- Only qualified Commute Club members may submit a Guaranteed Ride reimbursement request.
- A receipt and reimbursement form must be submitted within 14 days of the date of the ride. Rides will not be reimbursed without a receipt.
- The receipt must be stamped with the time and location of the ride.
- Rides may begin or end anywhere, as long as they originate or end on campus.
- Rides must occur between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Users may choose the amount for which they would like to be reimbursed, which must not exceed the total on the receipt.
- The amount requested for reimbursement may include gratuity for the driver (at the user’s discretion), as long as it is also shown on the receipt.
- No more than six rides will be reimbursed per fiscal year.
- The maximum reimbursement through the Commute Club program is $75 per year, regardless of the number of rides.
Reimbursements for Employees:
Employees must fill out the Perner Form and the Employee Reimbursement Form, and email both forms, along with the ride receipt, to UKBuses@lsv.uky.edu. Please note that the Personnel number requested on the Perner Form is NOT the same as your UK ID number. Please view these instructions for where to find your personnel number.
Reimbursements for Students:
If you have additional questions about the Guaranteed Ride program, email UKBuses@lsv.uky.edu.