Student Transportation Council
The UK Student Transportation Council (STC) was founded during the 2017-2018 academic year in order to direct how student fee money is spent. Five dollars per semester is paid by each student, which provides the Council with approximately $250,000 per year in discretionary funds. The Council is responsible for overseeing the prioritization of these fees toward programs, partnerships, and initiatives that enhance automobile-free access to, from, and around campus, promote safe transportation alternatives, and foster sustainable mobility solutions focused on the unique needs of students.
Student transportation fees are not used to offset existing Transportation Services' expenses or shortfalls, nor are they blended with other Transportation Services' revenues to fund general services. These fees are not used to build new automobile parking lots or structures, student-dedicated or otherwise.
- Seek out and implement transportation initiatives and partnerships focused on increasing mobility or expanding transportation options tailored to the unique needs of students;
- Pursue projects or initiatives that might otherwise be unfunded or underfunded due to other university-wide parking or transportation priorities;
- Explore pilot programs to test unique or innovative initiatives and then track outcomes and recommend permanent funding alternatives;
- Establish ongoing dialogue and partnership between Transportation Services and students; and
- Raise awareness of all alternative transportation programs among the student community.
Join the STC
Does your campus organization want to have a representative on the STC? Please complete this New Group Information Form.
Do you want to serve on the STC as an at-large member? Please complete this At-Large Application Form.
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact Sandra Broadus.