- How Do I?
- Deans & Chairs
Academic Organization and Structure Committee (SAOSC)
To request a change to UK's academic organizational structure, such as combining two academic departments into one department or moving a degree to a new home academic unit, please fill out the SAOSC's cover sheet and review the SAOSC's guidelines to determine which questions are pertinent to the proposal and must be answered.
- Chair: Al Cross, '19
- David Atwood, '19
- Samuel Mardini, '20
- Debra Harley, '20
- Gregory Hall, '20
- Adib Bagh, '20
- Chen Chung, '21
- Bill Smith, '21
- Liz Debski, '21
- Paul Kearney, '21
Current Items for Review
Past Items for Review
- None, as of October 19, 2018.
Senate Rules 18.104.22.168
The Senate's Academic Organization and Structure Committee (SAOSC) is charged to:
- review and recommend to the University Senate priorities on all proposals for new educational units (colleges, schools, departments, graduate centers, multidisciplinary research centers and institutes; interdisciplinary instructional programs)
- review all proposals for abolishment or merger of existing educational units;
- review all proposals for major changes in organization and structure of educational units;
- make appropriate recommendations to the University Senate (and through the Senate to the President and/or Provost) regarding creation, abolition or alterations in organization or structure, or reporting relationships, of educational units throughout the University;
- Study and report to the Senate on matters pertaining to faculty size and strength, and student enrollment. [US: 3/12/84]