- How Do I?
- Add Student To Degree List
- College and Department Rules
- Create Senate Proposal
- Ex Officio Voting Rights
- Faculty-Related Links
- Faculty's Evaluation of the President
- Learn About University Senate
- University Senate Rules
- University Ad Hoc Committees
- Newsletter Archives
- Deans & Chairs
Rules & Regulations
University Senate Rules (USR)
"USR in Microsoft Word" is the official version.
PLEASE NOTE that the USR have been renumbered by the Senate's Rules and Elections Committee (SREC). The SREC has determined that the "Crosswalk" below is the official point of reference for determining the new SR reference if an old SR reference is encountered in a syllabus, website, etc.
Changes to Senate Rules from August 2018 - December 2018
- Proposed Change to Senate Rules 5.4.1 (“Courses Taken on a Pass/Fail Basis”) (PDF) [September 10, 2018]
- Permits an instructor, who is also the adviser, to have access to a student’s pass/fail status in a course.
- Proposed Change to Senate Rules 220.127.116.11 (“Application for Degrees”) (PDF) [November 12, 2018]
- Permits Registrar to recommend appropriate degree application deadlines, although they must be approved by SC and Senate.
- Proposed Change to Senate Rules 4.2.5 ("Graduate School") (PDF) [November 12, 2018]
- Modified requirements for admission to the Graduate School for students applying for admission under the auspices of an approved, in-force cooperative education agreement.
- Proposed Changes to Senate Rules 18.104.22.168 ("Non-Degree Students") (PDF) [December 10, 2018]
- Modified some supporting documentation requirements for, and clarified definitions of, non-degree seeking students.