Current/Returning Students

Welcome home to UK! Students who are returning for another semester should make sure that they fill out the VA Benefits Request Form. This form has to be submitted EACH semester in order to continue receiving any educational benefit you may be using. It includes basic student information and an area to describe which classes you are taking for that semester. This is key to ensuring you receive your benefit.

Did you Add/Drop a Class?

If you add or drop a class after filling out the form, please email Mrs. Amy Southwood at You will not need to fill the form out again. It is also paramount that the classes you're taking contribute to the degree field you've chosen in order to receive payment form the VA. If you have any questions or doubts about a certain class, please speak to your academic advisor. You can make an appointment with your academic advisor through myUK.

If you have any other questions at all, please feel free to call 859-257-1148 or drop by the Veterans Resource Center in Erickson Hall, Rm 2.