Available Employment Opportunities in Residence Life
Assistant Hall Director
For Fall 2013-2014 positions: January 25, 2013
How to Apply:
In order to apply, candidates must submit a current resume and letter of interest to the Residence Life main office by emailing it to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any current R.A. who is in good standing with the department is eligible to apply for an Assistant Hall Director position.
All Assistant Hall Directors function as an R.A. for a floor in their building and also have administrative and leadership responsibilities. These extra responsibilities vary depending on the hall in which the AHD works, but include the following:
- Define job responsibilities to staff; clearly define expectations.
- Delegate responsibilities while retaining appropriate authority.
- Provide ongoing feedback to staff. Help them set goals and objectives for the year.
- Meet deadlines for payroll and other required paperwork. Complete all paperwork accurately.
- Coordinate Front Desk Scheduling, including Resident Advisor desk shifts, Lunch Desk, Plan B, and Mail Delivery/Pick-Up
- Meet payroll deadlines, including Reconciliation Sheet preparation, and timesheet preparation (in partnership with Office Assistant and/or Resident Director)
- Attend Senior Staff Meetings; Area Meetings; Initiative Team Meetings as needed
- Assist with hall staff meetings; develop teambuilding activities for the staff during the year
- Support RD with RA staff evaluations (provide feedback)
- Be on duty for assigned area for one week each semester
- Assist in two specific areas in the hall (select two)
- Participate in one-on-one meeting with RD/RAs
- Track RA Overnights Used
- Participate in Judicial Hearings
- Administrative Responsibilities (including mail delivery/pick-up, lost/missing key follow-up/discipline, forms, etc.)
Assistant Hall Directors receive the same compensation as R.A.s plus an additional annual stipend of $4,250.00.