Student Financial Aid and Scholarships
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT for 2018-2019
- The 2018 – 2019 FAFSA application will be available beginning October 1st, 2017 at www.fafsa.gov
- Applicants will use prior-prior year tax information (ex. 2016 tax information for 18/19 FAFSA)
Freshmen beginning fall 2018-19
2018-19 financial aid award notifications will be mailed and will also be available on the myUK web portal in mid March.
Returning and Transfer students for 2018-19
2018-19 financial aid award notifications will be available on the myUK web portal beginning in late May.
The University of Kentucky's Title IV code is 001989
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT for 2017-2018
- The 2017 – 2018 FAFSA application will be available beginning October 1st, 2016 at www.fafsa.gov
- Applicants will use prior-prior year tax information (ex. 2015 tax information for 17/18 FAFSA)
- New FAFSA applicants should apply for their FSA ID in advance at: fsaid.ed.gov
It is important that applicants apply for the FAFSA as soon as it becomes available in October. Some financial aid is awarded based on the initial FAFSA filing date. Using prior-prior year tax information will make the FAFSA process easier for families and students.
To make the FAFSA even easier, use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) that is available through the online FAFSA. NOTE: The DRT tool is temporarily unavailable so please use copies of your 2015 tax return to complete the FAFSA.
The chart below shows how the FAFSA filing date is changing:
Watch the video below for more information of the new FAFSA filing date and prior-prior year information: https://www.nasfaa.org/ppystudents
Financial Aid Portfolio
Find more information about your financial aid packet here.
Scholarship Search Tool
Find what scholarship from the University of Kentucky is right for you.
How to Apply
Learn how to apply for financial aid here!
Find out more information about Financial Aid for Transfer Students.