Two Health Care Facilities, Chandler Medical Center and Samaritan Hospital, one security department working together to serve the UK HealthCare Community though professional training and customer service by providing assistance to our faculty, staff, patients and visitors.
Security serves the HealthCare Community by:
- Responding to Assistance Calls for disorderly patients and visitors.
- Responding to emergency alarms such as fire, and security sensitive areas.
- Unlocking and Relocking Doors.
- Monitoring the Security badge access and alarm systems.
- Providing Security for security sensitive areas and completes annual security assessments.
- Reporting problems areas in Facilities to the appropriate departments.
- Responding and providing security during emergency situations.
- Providing assistance to the UK Police during special events and as requested.
- Providing services such as escorts, issues passes and monitors visitor activity after hours.
Professional training and certifications that some or all security officers have achieved:
- CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) Certification
- Verbal Judo
- Bike Officer Training and Certification
- Homeland Security Training:
- Introduction National Response Framework
- Introduction National Incident Management Systems
- Introduction to ICS Incident Command
- ICS Single Resource Action Incidents
- Threat and Risk Assessment course
- Surveillance Detection Training for Commercial Infrastructure Operators and Security Staff
- Fundamentals of Healthcare Emergency Management
- Apply ICS to Healthcare Organizations I200 for Hospitals/Healthcare
- Cobra Chemical/Biological Incident & 1st Responder Training
- Patient Restraint Certification—Only at UK Samaritan Hospital
- Customer Service
- Critical Thinking
- American Red Cross: CPR / First Aid Certification
- Loss Prevention Certification
- CSEPP (Chemical Stockpile Emergency Preparedness Program) Drills
- Mass Causalities Emergency Preparedness Drills
- Biological Emergency Preparedness Drills
- TB and PAPR (Powered Air Purifying Respirator) Mask Fitting
Security also has certified instructors for the following courses:
- CPI, Verbal Judo and First Aid/CPR.
All officers as a requirement of employment have undergone background checks, polygraph and drug tests.