The University is working to develop and implement a new financial system that will better support UK’s mission, increase capability for planning and forecasting, align financial authority and responsibility at the unit level, encourage innovation and entrepreneurship, and enhance financial transparency.
To achieve these goals, the University will move from its current highly centralized financial model toward a balanced model of decentralization that distributes revenues and associated expenses to the College / unit level while maintaining sufficient resources to invest in University-level priorities and initiatives.
On this website you will find:
- Overview materials (including the previously released consultant reports)
- Financial Model Steering Committee information (including membership, meeting schedule and agendas, materials, etc.)
- Financial Model Business Officers Work Group information (including membership, meeting schedule and agendas, materials, etc.)
- Peer Experiences (including links to a wealth of resources available on the web describing how other Universities have designed and implemented similar resource models)
- Education and training materials (to be developed and released once the model is more fully developed)
Director, Financial Model Implementation
214C Main Building
University of Kentucky
Lexington, KY 40506