206A Peterson Service Building
Office: 859 257-8497
Fax: 859 323-1034
What We Do
The Accounting office is central to the operation of the Physical Plant Division. It is the one office that processes and provides collective services to all the other departments/shops of the PPD. Other responsibilities include the following:
- Serves as the interface between PPD and the rest of campus for processing of purchases (A/P); payroll; equipment & inventory accounting; cost inquiries; cash billing (A/R); and the routine billing of PPD services to University departments.
- Responsible for budgeting; standard labor rate development; financial statements; audit requests; APPA surveys; special project requests; set up of Plant fund projects and budget transfers/revisions, among others.
- Provides monthly financial reporting to the VP Facilities Management, Facilities Human Resources, and Real Estate Services.
- Responsible for billing utilities for 95% of departments on campus including the Hospital and Medical Center.
- Its number one goal is to provide timely and accurate quality service to members of the Physical Plant and the UK community.
Work Control Center
Sometimes referred to as the Job Order Desk, this department receives and processes any and all work order, estimates, or other work related request from both PPD and University personnel via the web, email, or telephone. This unit is responsible for:
- Creation of all SAP PM work orders (excluding preventive maintenance orders)
- Assignment of all work to the appropriate shop(s) or area.
- Sending electronic order requests to the requesting cost center and hard copies to the appropriate shop(s) and/or area.
- Assigning the scheduler to all orders.
- Accounting Office
- Work Control Center