Student Financial Aid
The mission of the Office of Student Financial Aid (SFA) is to provide financial aid to students who would be unable to attend the University without such assistance. Additionally, our mission is to also support the success of colleges and students in their commitment to academic excellence through outstanding service. We strive to provide a student-oriented approach in the administration of financial aid programs by being responsive to the needs of students, their families, and other constituents. These pages are dedicated to helping prospective and currently enrolled University of Kentucky students apply for and secure financial assistance to help meet the cost of attending UK.
Summer Outreach Dates
The Financial Aid office will be out at different locations through the summer at the follow dates for you to come and get your questions answered about financial aid. For more information visit here.
Lexington Eastside Public Library Workshops will be held the following dates:
- Saturday, May 14, from noon to 4 p.m.
- Saturday, June 18, from noon to 4 p.m.
- Saturday, July 16, from noon to 4 p.m.
YMCA of Central Kentucky Workshop will be held the following date:
- Saturday, July 16, from 9 a.m. to noon
Financial Aid Help Desk will be held the following dates:
- Tuesday, June 7, from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. at Bowman's Den
- Tuesday, July 5, from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. at The 90
- Tuesday, August 2, from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. at White Hall Classroom Building
Freshmen beginning fall 2016-17
- 2016-17 financial aid award notifications will be mailed and will also be available on the myUK web portal in mid March.
Returning and Transfer students for 2016-17
- 2016-17 financial aid award notifications will be available on the myUK web portal in mid June.
The University of Kentucky's Title IV code is 001989
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Beginning on May 10, 2015, the FSA ID will replace the Federal Student Aid PIN as the credential with which students, parents, and borrowers authenticate their identity to access their federal student aid information online and electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents. Beginning on May 10, you can create your new FSA ID and password when logging into www.fafsa.gov, or any of the following: the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS®) at www.nslds.ed.gov, StudentLoans.gov, StudentAid.gov, and Agreement to Serve (ATS) at www.teach-ats.ed.gov. Information about setting up the new FSA User ID and Password can be found at FSA ID.