For the fall of 2018, there are beds reserved in UK Undergraduate Housing for BCTC students. These spaces will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis to eligible BCTC students.
In order to receive an assignment, a BCTC student must:
- Be enrolled full-time (12 or more hours) in the term they are applying for
- Have 75% of their classes for that term on-site at a Lexington or Winchester BCTC campus (online classes do not count towards this total)
- Be in good standing with the University of Kentucky and Bluegrass Community and Technical College
Applying for Housing at the University of Kentucky is an online process that requires a UK Link Blue account. BCTC Students wanting to apply for housing at UK should follow the steps below. If you already have UK Link Blue credentials, please proceed to step four.
- Request a BCTC Link Blue account.
- Your information will be reviewed by the Campus Housing Office and then sent to UKIT. In one to seven business days you should receive an email from the University of Kentucky Service Desk letting you know that your incident has been resolved. This email will contain your Link Blue ID and your eight digit UKID number.
- Follow the instructions in the email to activate your account.
- After activating your account visit http://myuk.uky.edu, and login using your new credentials.
- Select the Undergraduate Housing link on the Student Services -> myInfo tab.
- It will take up to 20 seconds for your credentials to be passed to the Undergraduate Housing Portal.
- Select the Application tab on the blue bar.
- Select the application which you are applying for, and then select continue.
- Follow the steps to complete your Housing Application.
If your classes start before the Fall Housing Contract Date, you will be charged a daily fee of $24 for each night you are on campus prior to the official University of Kentucky Move-In Date of Friday, August 17. This $24/night fee will be added to your student account, and you will be able to pay it online or at Student Account Services. You will not be able to prepay this fee.
There are additional mandatory fees that BCTC students are responsible for paying. Each semester these additional fees are assessed to the student’s account. These mandatory fees allow students access to all on campus amenities.