For the fall of 2019, there are 100 beds reserved in UK Campus Housing for BCTC students. These spaces will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis to eligible BCTC students. As of June 1, the beds for BCTC students are full.
In order to receive an assignment, a BCTC student must:
- Provide proof of full-time enrollment (12 or more hours in either 16-Week classes or 1st 8-Week and 2nd 8-Week classes with 75% of classes on-site) at a Cooper, Newtown or Winchester BCTC campus
- Email proof of full-time enrollment to email@example.com no later than July 21
- Be in good standing (both academic and financial) with the University of Kentucky and Bluegrass Community and Technical College
Applying for Housing at the University of Kentucky is an online process that requires a UK linkblue account. BCTC Students wanting to apply for housing at UK should follow the steps below. If you already have UK linkblue credentials, please proceed to step four.
- Request a BCTC Link Blue account.
- Your information will be reviewed by the Campus Housing Office and then sent to UKIT. In one to seven business days you should receive an email from the University of Kentucky Service Desk letting you know that your incident has been resolved. This email will contain your linkblue ID and your eight digit UKID number.
- Follow the instructions in the email to activate your account.
- After activating your account visit http://myuk.uky.edu, and login using your new credentials.
- Select the Campus Housing link on the Student Services -> myInfo tab.
- It will take up to 20 seconds for your credentials to be passed to the Campus Housing Portal.
- Select the Undergraduate Application tab on the blue bar.
- Select the application which you are applying for, and then select continue.
- Follow the steps to complete your Housing and Dining Application.
If your classes start before the Fall Housing Contract Date, you will be charged a daily fee of $25 for each night you are on campus prior to the official University of Kentucky Move-In Date of Monday, August 19. This $25*/night fee will be added to your student account, and you will be able to pay it online or at Student Account Services. You will not be able to prepay this fee.
If you become enrolled at UK during this contract period, you must contact UK Campus Housing when switching your enrollment status.
There are additional mandatory fees that BCTC students are responsible for paying. Each semester these additional fees are assessed to the student’s account. These mandatory fees allow students access to all on campus amenities.
*Pending Board of Trustees Approval